GUN Semi-auto MP40

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by reman, Jun 25, 2007.

1. reman

reman New Member

2. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Allied Armament offers one also.

3. Punani

Punani New Member

Boy that movie they have there is impressive...The fucking thing jams at least twice, and in the beginning they spell Luger wrong.
    And they want $2199 :fawk:

4. t1h

t1h Guest

I want one :hs:

we have two original MP40's in the musuem at work. one was captured in france in 1940. too bad they'll never be on display :hs:

5. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Why not?

6. t1h

t1h Guest

ok this is gonna be long...

where i work at (state government agency), one of the divisions is a state history museum. so of course they have a large collection with all things state history (period clothing, cups and plates, knick knacks, paintings, things of that sort).

well they have an assortment of firearms. mostly stuff related to state history...civil war rifles, muskets, rifles, and shotguns owned by dead governors, things of that sort. Well they have some odd ball firearms in the collection, stuff that was donated to them when old war veterans died and the widows didn't know what to do with their guns, so they donated them to us. So I talked to one of the collections staff like 6 months ago and had him show me what all they had. They had stuff that didn't interest me (a flint lock rifle, a derringer, some 19th century shotguns that was one of the earliest shotgun models or something, etc)

and then he showed me the cool stuff...I already knew about the Maxim machine gun, but then he showed me the other stuff. The french captured MP40 is ready to go, has the magizine and sling too, and I got to hold it, much heavier then I was expecting. The colllections guy said in the file in it, someone in 1968 took it out and shot it (which is a big no no, guns are supposed to just lay on the shelfs forever, someone would of had to smuggle it out of there, but i bet in 1968 the security in the building was almost non-existant) because there is a shot up target in the file on it. thats about the only record on it. its got all the proofs on it and everything (the eagle on the tiny nazi symbol). Then he took me to the vault in the basement, and in there they have 4 or 5 MG 08/15's but I don't think they are in a condition to be fired, no stands or anything, just barrelled receivers and a few other parts on them). And there was an M1917 Enfield, and I hear that the bolt cycling on them is very smooth, but the guy wouldn't let me cycle it :hs: and there was another MP40 in the vault, but it was covered in a light coating of surface rust.

Anyway, the MP40's have nothing to do with state history, so they'll never be on display. The maxim machine gun was on display only once when they did an "every letter of the alphabet" thing for the kids in the museum and used it for M...Machine gun.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2007
  7. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Are any of these guns registered? If they are why not sell them and make money for the museum? They could make an easy $40k on the MP40s alone.

8. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Damn man, that's crazy.

Maybe they should sell them like David said. Or donate to another museum. You know, one that will display them. :hs:

9. t1h

t1h Guest

yes they are registered and legal. once stuff enters our collection, it never leaves. yes it sucks, i'd do just about anything if they'd sell me one.

10. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

no mp44 no care.

I wouldn't mind a semi mp40 but not for 2 grand. $600 maybe.

11. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

:(

12. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Well tell them I said they're fucking retarded.

Theres a semi auto MP-44 availible. Problem is, you cant import them into the states. But I hear they're working on it

13. reman

reman New Member

Yep, too expensive.

14. t1h

t1h Guest

well i looked in the database and they deaccessioned some items (thats how stuff can leave) but since these are government property, even if i could get them to be deaccessioned and sold, i bet they'd auction them off, and there's always some fat cat with $20k just drooling to get one, and I don't have that kind of cash laying around right now. the collection is open to the public with an appointment, so atleast you'd be able to look at it and hold it if you wanted to.

15. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Dont be greedy.:hs:

16. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Well that isn't so bad.

17. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

They're letting a gun worth that much rust in the basement? :greddy:

18. t1h

t1h Guest

well its wrapped up to protect it. there's other things higher on the funding list, like getting funding for the new museum building

19. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Man I have a marvelous funding idea!

20. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: Sell it if they have no plans for display. Stuff like that pisses me off, same with PD's who have old transferable stuff they dont sell like thompsons and shit.

21. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Yup

Our Sheriffs department has a lot of nice MGs they confiscated (as in turned in because they were not registered). But they wont give them up to any of the local museums etc. Instead they sit inside a safe underneath a bunch of shit.