WEB Selling off a site?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Boomhauer, May 8, 2008.

1. Boomhauer

Boomhauer New Member

I tried to start up a web-based RPG based on the Gundam world. . I contacted people from both places who have copyright claims on related things and put a disclaimer on the bottom, I'm just not allowed to run the site with intent to profit. . . anyway, the RPG failboated, but I have a decent domain sitting here. If I listed it up for sale would they come say I was profiting off their trademark?

I still have it for another month and I was thinking, I'd hate to just let it expire. . so I could renew it, but then I'm paying for a website that I don't care about any longer. . selling it for $20 would be better than it slipping away :dunno:

2. alwaysth

alwaysth New Member

What's $7 in domain fees going to set you back, if it's getting traffic go ahead and sell it, however that's part of the reason trademarked companies go after you if you are infringing on thier trademark rights, or have to intent by selling it. Similar to Jess's sourpatch.org domain, go ahead and check that thread, might have some helpful stuff, I know tomash posted some trademark material.