GUN Selling my P22...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Robb, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Robb

Robb Guest

Dont know why i bought this gun really, should have just bought the p99 i wanted, but didnt have the money at the time. So, after i sell this i will be getting the p99 unless anyone has reasons and facts why i shouldnt get it. Any opinions on it. Is is pretty reliable? Thanks guys

2. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

What do you want to do with it?

3. Robb

Robb Guest

CC when going into rough area's for business, home defense, range shooting

4. J Shmoke

J Shmoke New Member

I have a Walther P99 and love it. Never used the S&W version, so don't know about that one. The only problem is mine doesn't like cheap ammo or reloads. I use USP 9mm without any issues.

5. Robb

Robb Guest

i wont have a problem w/ cheap ammo, i only like to use good stuff, what do you recommend for +p+ or +p++?

6. J Shmoke

J Shmoke New Member

Not sure what +p+ is. [size=-1]Went shooting today and the [/size]ammo I get [size=-1]Remington UMC 9mm. I don't know what the hell I pulled USP out of. Probably cause I'm thinking about getting HK USP compact .45
    [/size]

7. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

+p++? :eek3:

In 9mm the 115gr +p loads are usually good performers. i've found most +p+ to be too much bang for not enough energy on target.

8. J Shmoke

J Shmoke New Member

So, what does +p and +p+ mean?

9. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

Most pistol defense loadings are at a higher pressure range than standard loadings. These are marked with +P and +P+. Not all modern handguns are rated for +P ammo.

10. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

+P is a higher pressure than normal with more energy, check ur manual to see if your gun can handle it.. +p+ is usually just BS, sometimes pressure isnt even higher and they just charge you more, and often is dangerous or very hard on your gun.

11. Robb

Robb Guest

I agree, i love it too, Great plinker, but really not much more than that

12. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

the best 9mm rounds on the market, in terms of penetration and reliable expansion are-

Winchester Ranger-T 127 gr. +P+
    Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P
    Speer Gold Dot 147 gr.

anything else isn't really worth the money.

13. footratfunkface

+P is noticeably stronger, but it's more like the difference between winchester whitebox and winchester NATO 9mm. it's not a huge difference. the difference is about that much more power over the NATO 9mm. if you've shot the same load through both a 19 and a 17, that increase in the felt recoil when you go to the 19 is about the same as if you stayed on the 17 and stepped up to a +P pressure. loudness? no change observed in an indoor range with ears on.

it's seriously not anything you notice after a while. we now shoot reloads with about the same felt recoil as +P round, even though they're not QUITE as hot as +P pressures would make the velocity. you don't even notice that what you're shooting is the "hot" load after enough time behind it. it just feels like normal.

i hope that helped.

14. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

Hype. A decent JHP 9mm from any of the major companies does just fine. Too many people get caught up in lab numbers. I do prefer the heavier bullets, but thats personal preference, nothing to do with which bullet is "better"

15. htex1004

htex1004 New Member

georgia arms offers
    all thier gold dot loads in 9mm in +p
    Thier 115gr comes in both +p and +p+ The post thier numbers on FPS and energy on them aswell if yall are curious.

PS wich is the hotter the winchester whitebox or NATO?

16. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

NATO is hotter.

I carry Federal 124gr +p. It's as good a round as any and I agree that too many people worry too much about tiny details when it comes to defense ammo. Buy a round that works in your gun and that you can control and don't worry about it. If you really need to worry about something worry about shot placement.

17. footratfunkface

sure, a round that hits is better than a round that misses, no matter the action of the round afterward. however, getting a better round won't HURT shot placement, and you know as well as i do that people don't get the perfect shot placement in real life. they get whatever they can while they're moving, and their target is moving, and still presenting a threat to their life. in such a situation, i want something that can take poorer shot placement, and open up a hole that MIGHT edge into better shot placement.

i forgot velocities and load data. i go by what the FBI and private ballistics tests have stated as the top performing rounds on the market, in terms of RELIABLE expansion and penetration. it won't help to hit someone even in a perfect place if the round doesn't penetrate enough through the arms or hands that were in front of that perfect place, and then into their abdomen or thoracic cavity to do any damage. people also worry too much about overpenetration. count on missing. there, now your overpenetration issues are solved, because that round is going to go. now focus on putting as many rounds into your target as possible, and selecting a round that will actually GO into the target. through the target is not a bad thing, since it results in at least two holes, and the occurance of injury due to overpenetration is very, very low in the real world. missing the target entirely is the greater danger.

so, yes, shot placement. reliability in your tool. reliability OUT of your tool.

18. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

How much are you wanting for the p22?

19. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Here we go with the lab testing

20. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

I am going to get rid of my Walther :eek3:

21. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

how much u want for it?