GUN Selling my fathers firearms

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Scoob_13, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

Dropping by the gun range this afternoon to put the rifles and pistols that don't appeal to me on consignment.

Total count was 11 pistols (1 .22LR revolver with an interchangable cylinder that allows .22shorts, 2 Thompson Contender hunting pistol bases with 8 different barrels, including .22LR in 8" and 14", .44 mag, .357 mag, .45/.410 shotgun (now THIS is a fun combo :bigthumb: nothing like seeing the spread pattern on a .410 at 15 feet :big grin: ), and some others that were slightly odd calibers.

Also taking in 2 .22 rifles (pump and lever action) and a .22 semi-auto rifle assembly (no stock).

Overall, once these sell, I'll be left with 2 M1's (non-carbines), 2 .22 target rifles, 3 shotguns (2 antique, 1 Winchester 1200), 1 .22 pistol, 1 Thompson Contender pistol w/ .223 & a 2.5x-6x scope (it's fun, and it's cheap ammo :bigthumb: ), 1 .45 auto, 1 Colt Commander .38 super (my CCW), 1 .44 mag Gold Plated Constitution Special Edition blah blah blah (some $2500 pistol that my father ordered right before he died...it's going to consignment once I can find the key to the little wooden case that it's in, I have no idea where I put it though :( )

Once the stuff on consignment sells, including the goldplated .44 mag, it'll be time to get either the HK MK23 or a new Kimber for carrying :bigthumb:

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

What's the .357? Know anything more about the odd calibers? (military rifles WW1/2 or older?)

Details man!:bigthumb:

3. Scoob_13

Sec, the cases are in my car and I'm at work, I'll go fetch the case with the TC's

4. Scoob_13

.22 Super Hornet
    35 Rem
    .22 LR Match
    .44 Mag
    7-30 Waters
    .22 WMRF
    45 Colt / .410

The .357 barrel is in the other case, but I believe that it's a .357 Mag barrel.

Most are 14", though the .22 LR Match is 10" and is simply a peach to fire. Only the 45/410 and .22LR Match barrels have had a round through them (aside from the .223 that I'm keeping).

5. bigbob28

bigbob28 when all is said and done only i will be left stan

If all your contender barrells dont sell I might be interested in taking some of those off your hands.

6. Scoob_13

The barrels are heading to a gunsmith to be cleaned. My mother was kind enough to store them in an inappropriate manner (out in a non-climate controlled building :mad:) and they have minor spot rust on them.

After that, they'll go to eBay I think. The range that I go to doesn't have an accurate way of tracking the barrels, and it'd be nearly impossible to find a person that wants all of the barrels listed.

I did find out that TC is no longer offering the original Contender with the Puma engraving on the side, so I think that I will hold onto them and preserve them as best as possible, then rape someone on the price in a couple of years :p

One of the employees at the store who is an avid TC shooter offered me $200 for the .223 that I have at home and $175 for the .357 mag, so I sold him the .357 mag and told him that the .223 is mine :)

Let me know which ones you are interested in, Bob.

7. bigbob28

bigbob28 when all is said and done only i will be left stan

i am interested in the .22 hornet and the .223 which i assume you are now not selling let me know a price when you get time.

8. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

Never sell a gun...