selling hardware

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateraliian, Nov 11, 2004.

1. Lateraliian

Lateraliian Guest

Question to anyone who EBay's like crazy:

How often can you sell an old piece of hardware?

I'm having a bitch of a time selling a motherboard and an OEM processor. Tried selling the processor on Ebay a while back, and was banned real quick. They said I violated the terms of service, but whatever. Question is, do you have luck from Ebay, seller's forums, or just local computer shops/trade shows??

2. loserpunkx182

loserpunkx182 New Member

everything i've sold on ebay has been successful, u just need to know how to "sell" and ur in...u can try computerforum.com but not sure who would want old hardware anymore with the quick advancment in tech nowadays

3. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

nobody wants old hardware. you were probably banned for a good reason

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

You got banned on Ebay for selling computer hardware??

I see some people on Ebay sell lots of comouter crap. I know I have a bunch of hardware laying around, but I just keep it in a box or give it away when I can.

5. Lateraliian

Lateraliian Guest

well, suspended. I posted a picture of an OEM processor, wrote a description. 4 hours into the auction, account suspended. Big difference from being banned. Hindsight being 20/20, I was kinda tired when writing the original post.

Edit: BTW, what I mean by old hardware is a MB with a KT333 chipset, and an Athlon XP 2000+, nothing like a Pentium 66 or a 386. This stuff still uses DDR memory and all, but with the NF7 out, who'd wana buy a KT333? Fuck, think I answered my own question, dumpster here I come :squint:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2004
  6. Jake!

Jake! Guest

send it to me! i'd pay shipping for the mb and the athlon

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yeah, you're not gonna get much if any for that. NEW, you can get a KT6 for $60, and a 2400+ for $65. take into account the mobo is used and 3 generations behind... and well, you get the idea.