GUN Selling and buying guns

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Resin, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

What is the process to sell and buy guns through private sales?

2. KNYTE

KNYTE I'm Not Kidding.

Buy a van with no rear windows, make sure everything is cash only.

3. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:werd: plus, if they offer to throw in speakers for only another $100, do it.

i did, and havent looked back :bigthumb:

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

same state face to face no real federal requirments, but state laws vary.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Another $50 and I'll throw in these frozen steaks.

6. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

PM sent

7. AB13

AB13 New Member

Resin, in the state of Washington, private face to face sales does not require documentation or paper trail. meaning, give gun and get cash, that's it.

I know this for a fact as one of my firearms was used in a homicide. I was questioned but was dismissed as I stated I had sold it to someone else private sales.

If you want to be ultra safe, any gun shop will transfer for around 20-30 bux.

8. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

thanks

9. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Just make sure you only sell to WA residents. A couple guys got busted here in OR for selling to an ATF agent in Portland who had come over from Vancouver, WA. Stupid as shit law but that should be your only responsibility when selling a firearm.

10. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

what if I want to buy a gun from someone from another state online?

11. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

they have to ship it to an FFL, and if your selling to someone out of state you have to ship it to their FFL.

12. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Like has been stated, you can sell it is a resident of you same state or buy it from them without having to go through a FFL. Supposedly you are supposed to do this only if you have no reason to suspect they are prohibited from owning a gun.

AB13 points that guns you bought from a dealer can be traced back to you if they ever turn up involved in a crime. While it is not required I am sure several members of OT will tell you that it would not be a bad idea to have something for your own personal records, a name or address, copy of a driver's license or a hand written bill of sale. Something that you will almost never need, but still nice to have if you are asked about the gun at a later date.

Out of state must go through a FFL.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Similarly there are those of us that would say there isn't a chance I'm giving a stranger my name and address let alone a copy of my drivers license just because I bought something from them :big grin:

14. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, that's the reason why I don't sell to anyone I either don't know, or feel suspicious of. I usually will only ask to "see" their CCW and will generally only sell to a stranger that has one.

There's no way I would expect anyone to give me any of their info or take a copy of their drivers license.

When I was contacted about the firearm in question, the detective met with me asked me a few questions, and that was that. There were talks about summoning me to court, but nothing ever came of it.

I later on found out that the SKS w/ 75 round drum, I sold to someone, ended up in the hands of someone that used it in what was described as one of the worst drive by/execution shooting in Washington State.

Apparently a group of 5 people work stuck on the side of the road repairing a flat tire. The shooter shot over 125 times rounds, before then taking a handgun and shooting each one of them in the head at point blank range on the West Seattle Bridge in the early evening with apparently over a dozen witnesses. To make things worst, it was a case of mistaken identity, and they weren't even the intended victims. One of the girls in the car, was a friend of mines relative.

I've got possibly 10 firearms I've sold over the years floating around out there whom I've sold private sales to.

15. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

Jesus christ :eek4:

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

Here's something just as freaky also gun related.

I met my friend Mike at a family party. Anyone that's been dragged to family parties and forced to play with little kids the whole time can appreciate meeting kids their own age for once. So we became fairly good friends.

They have a party and family ends up coming over their house. As usual the adults strike up a card game and the kids all go run off to play. We're playing in his room, and he breaks out his parents gun, a .38 snubby. I offered to buy it and stupid him sells it to me. (I know stupid, but I was only 14) I have it for some time, and one night I'm at a party with my friends, it gets raided by the police, I ditch it and they recover it and it finds it's way back to Mikes parents. He gets busted for it.

Not too long after that, I was watching the news and a story comes on about a teenage boy that comes home and finds his family slain. Father, mother and sister, his entire family. It was Mike. It was later discovered that the father found out about the mother cheating with a priest and the father goes nuts and kills everyone in the house, including himself.

It was crazy knowing I used to pack a .38 snubby that eventually killed my friends entire family.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  17. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

what's an FFL?

18. AB13

AB13 New Member

Federal Firearms License

Any and all stores that sells firearms must posses a FFL. So basically any gunshop.

19. Keesh

Keesh New Member

:eek4:

20. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

There must be something in the water in Seattle.

First Cobain, and now the stories that AB13 is telling us.

21. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

QFT

22. Resin

Resin OT Supporter

say i want to buy a gun from some guy out of state...does it have to go through a gunshop?

23. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Gun crossing state lines = goes through dealer, no meeting in person and picking up, no shipping to your place

24. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

I understand the buyer's point of not wanting all their info floating around or in other people's hand's. It's just a decision the seller has to make, sell to someone you know personally or is a CWP good enough for them or would they rather spend $25 and get it on the books at a FLL.

25. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm a little more militant and think we have a bunch of pansy sellers around who read on the internet or in a gun magazine that they should have a dna sample from everyone they sell a gun to. AB13 gave us the first hand poop, he wasn't arrested and charged with murder or any of the other ridiculous things I've seen people write. He told the police he sold the gun. Follow your state laws. :)