Selling a WoW account?

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Scud, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

Isn't it against TOS to sell your account? I see them on eBay all the time. I've been thinking about selling my account with lvl 60 Paladin and Hunter w/ t1 and some t2.

Whats the worst that could happen if caught selling?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I seriously doubt that Bliz would sue anyone because you sold your account. In fact, if they did, I'd be shocked. However, the terms of service are a contract and they might have some legal right to sue.....but they'd seriously be stupid to do so.

Just put in your auction that you are selling the disks and your time invested. DO NOT say that you are selling a T1 paly because you don't own the paly nor do you own the artistic creations that we see in game as armor, hair, horses and other stuff....you just lease that stuff from Bliz so you can't technically sell it.

Also, make sure your credit card and personal information are deleted from your account before you give someone the password becasue they could use that info to steal your identity.

Other than that...there really isn't anything to worry about...but then again I'm not a lawyer so don't rely on my advice. :)

3. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

Ok, I actually called and they just said they jsut ban the account.

Anyone want to buy a PvP pally/hunter account?? :)

4. Coottie

Buy an account that's just been banned? uh...no

5. Trina

Trina New Member

Yeah, if you haven't read the rules, now would be a really good time for it. Buying and selling of accounts is strictly prohibited and will eventually result in the account being banned.

So if you want to screw over whoever buys your account from you and get an awful rating on ebay for it, they by all means, knock yourself out.

6. Coottie

Fuck rules and TOS contracts...those things take away from my game time. Noone ever reads that shit anyways cuz it was written by lawyers and it's boring as hell.

I doubt Bliz will ban anyone for this...why?? Because they will be banning paying customers.

7. Trina

Trina New Member

Then you must also doubt that they ban farmers, botters and gold sellers as well, eh?

<laughs her ass off>

8. Coottie

No I know they ban people....but how many times have you come accross some 60 warrior that didn't know shit?? Or a priest that asked which spell healed better or where they could buy candles. I mean these types of noobish questions from 60s is all too common and seems to be from people that bought accounts.

We've all heard the stories of guys that have really tricked out toons that sell them on ebay for thousands of dollars and I've even seen some of these accounts for sale myself.

My argument is first and formost, Bliz is a business that relies on the monthly fees paid by us. The more people they don't ban the better for them. We can't see their records so we don't know how many actual subscribers they ban and who owned these accounts....so we have to take their word for it.

I don't believe one word coming out of Bliz's CMs mouths....they have lied, decieved and manipulated teh community for far too long. However, it's not uncommon in the MMO world. So when they say they've banned 70k accounts, I'm skeptical....show me the data.

9. McClane

McClane Who Killed Marilyn?

I've sold 4 accounts.
    All are still active.

10. sicksensedkawai

sicksensedkawai New Member

ive sold 2, both active.

11. crazedeye

crazedeye Paperclip

anyone know what wow website pays best for wow accounts?

12. Vistrix

Vistrix So Say We All

They would ban your account...but how the fuck would they find out?

When selling on Ebay, you dont give away character names / account info.

Theres no way they can find out.