Selling a truck private party?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by popsnbeer, Apr 4, 2008.

1. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

I know you all have done this before. I have only ever dealt with the dealerships. I am thinking about selling my truck private party to get the extra 2k out of it.

What are the necessary steps to doing this? (besides listing it of course, craigslist, autotrader, etc.)

I still have some outstanding balance on my loan. How do I go about getting the name transferred to the new owner, or paying it off?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Deus? Potroast? What fight can we start in here?

THANKS OT :bowdown:

2. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Call/go to the bank or financial company who holds your title. Ask them what procedure they have for title transfer due to private party sale. It varies from company to company and knowing how your bank wants to do it can make it easier for you.

Alternately, depending on your balance and savings you could pay it off now, and put the money back in savings after selling the truck.

Price your vehicle slightly above what you'd be happy getting for it so that the negotiation will bring it where you wanted to sell it at.