GUN Selling a handgun questions

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RyeLou, Jan 27, 2008.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I know about gunbroker.com and I've put it on various forums I'm on, but other than local gun shops that will offer me something pathetic, are there any other good ways to sell a handgun? It's an unfired CZ 75 SO-01. I've actually had it for almost 6 months and haven't even shot it yet. :( I feel like I'd get more use out of the shotgun I've been eyeing for a while, so I'm strongly considering unloading the CZ and picking up the other shotgun.

2. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Put it up on ar15.com and whatever cz specific forums there are. If it still doesn't sell you're asking too much.

3. houseofdon

houseofdon Simplify Moderator

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yep, I always to to get an FTF sale from that method first, whenever I end up selling to someone out of state it inevitably becomes a headache, their FFL wont take it unless its shipped by an FFL or some other crap.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

:werd: always give it a couple weeks for FTF, if that doesn't work, you can try out of state, but I'd consider lowering my price for a FTF first :o

I really don't like doing out of state transfers if you couldn't tell :o

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I sold a shotgun a few years ago on gunbroker.com and it was a private buyer out of state. The transaction actually went insanely well. Honestly, he won the auction and paid within a day and I shipped it by the end of the week. Everything feel right in place that time.

I think I'm already registered on AR15.com so I'll try on there as well as the Michigan Gun Owners one.

I'm still unsure about selling it so I'm in no rush. If it goes in the mean time it goes, so we'll see.