GUN Selling 2 very acclaimed knives (1pckt, 1fixed bl) New-In-Box (details & pics inside)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by socks, Aug 18, 2004.

1. socks

socks Guest

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I'm selling a Kershaw Avalanche and a Ka-Bar New-in-Box.

As you may know from my other thread, I just ordered a benchmade for my car so I don't need a 2nd Avalanche. And as for the Ka-Bar, my grandfather hooked me up with his old USMC that just needs some TLC to the blade.

Anyways I know these are highly regarded in most everyones opinion and talked a lot about on the board, and I think I'm selling them at a good price, so this is just a heads up.

Kershaw Avalanche - http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1244462
    $79.99 SHIPPED.

Ka-Bar - http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1244441
    $69.99 SHIPPED

BOTH NEW IN BOX.

Pic's (more in the threads):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
  2. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Is the avalance a tanto blade? Hard to tell from the little icon on the box, the pic is at kind of a weird angle.

3. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

man, if it were the 1570 ST, you'd have yourself a potential taker. i used my kabar last night to chop down political campaign signs from the last election here.

4. socks

socks Guest

no the avalanche isn't a tanto blade, they don't make the avalanche w/ that style blade -- one blade only

5. socks

socks Guest

:squint: no serrations is WAY easier to sharpen, and if you have to stab anything it is easier to pull out ;)

6. Dr_Al

Dr_Al New Member

How are are you asking for them? PM me, I might be interested.

7. PlayingGod

PlayingGod New Member

humm.. i might be interested. but i leave too soon. :(

8. socks

socks Guest

9. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

easier to sharpen, sure. but easier to pull out? a police officer acquaintance of mine used to carry a non-serrated blade for that reason. then he stabbed someone one day in a struggle, because he couldn't get to his pistol. right in the sternum. even after the guy went down, he was putting one foot on his chest, trying to pull the knife out and still couldn't. they had to remove it at the hospital. now he carries a serrated knife so that he can actually cut things, like zip ties, rope, etc.

10. socks

socks Guest

well yeah, it is easier to pull out, but that's not really saying it's easy. it's the same principle as my ka-bar i use for stripping deer meat, you'd never want a serrated for that because the serrations snag on bone and muscle. but i def. see what you're saying. although my uncle is a police officer and all their auto's are un-serrated for that purpose. i'm pretty sure they use kershaw (personal/dept.) and benchmade's (department)

11. Fire Sauce

Fire Sauce New Member

Sorry, I was thinking of the Tactical Blur. Great looking knife.