GUN Sell the first gun I ever bought?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Anders 7, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Thinking about trading in my old Glock fortah for a new sleek 9mm. :naughty:

Mistake selling my first ever gun? Will I regret this later on in life? :hsugh:

2. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

who gives a crap? go for what suits your needs.

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

i still have every gun my father gave me growing up and i will have them the day i die. If i bought the gun myself it might not mean as much to me so i guess i'm on the fence.

so if it's something you bought as an adult probably just get rid of it and get what you want

for me i wouldn't part with my first ever gun (gifts from my father) for twenty times what it's worth, too many memories

4. SNDP

SNDP New Member

Generic tupperware pistol: sell it.

5. HSTexan

HSTexan Active Member

It all depends on how much you are attached to it. I'm more attached to the guns of my grandfather after he passed away...the first gun I ever shot...his WWII era 1911. I just personally bought my first gun this past Christmas. First gun for a lot of things, but it still doesn't have the memories as the other guns.

I'll probably end up keeping it anyway because it's reliable and hasn't let me down yet, but it isn't nearly as meaningful to me

6. Floyd91

Floyd91 Active Member

I was anti selling of guns for the longest time.. But now I'd rather have a smaller collection of fewer calibers than a large collection with lots of calibers some of which are more obscure. Shooting is a hell of a lot better than looking at an overflowing safe.

7. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

If you're anything like me, then don't. Because you'll end up wishing you hadn't, and spend more money to buy another one like it later on.

8. Paintballer

Paintballer Choo Choooo....

Same here.

Alot of my guns were given to me by my grandfather and I will have those till the day that I decide to give them to my demon seed if I ever have one.

9. Werm

Werm Guest

I wouldn't, I still own the first gun I "bought"

When I was 14 I got a job bagging groceries in the summer and got a Winchester 1300 Walnut Field with some of the money.