LGBT self-reliazation

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by registeredPORK, Dec 13, 2006.

1. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

I remember when I was younger, my brothers and sisters always asked me if I was a lesbian. And for god's sake, why the hell would you ask a nine year old that? It's not like I knew what a lesbian was back then, anyway.

Errrr, so this happened a good few times while growing up and I always denied the fact that I had an attraction towards females as well. It was kind of weird to wake up one day and realize that, "Hey, I think I might be bisexual."

I haven't quite told my parents yet.... my mother would die (literally).

Meh...

I still have not had a female partner but it's so hard finding one, TT___TT

2. XPX

XPX New Member

Why would they ask that so early unless there is an indication of it? :eek3:

3. registeredPORK

I don't think a 9 year old would know what a lesbian is.

Well, I didn't at least, >.>

4. registeredPORK

Although I know this, I feel like I need them (my family) to accept me. Then again, I was brought up in a different society by an older generation that has not yet fully understand nor accept the American society and culture.

Because of this, I have grown up to feeling like everything that I do must be accepted and must be approved before ever doing.

Wow... this feeling really sucks. >.>;

5. classicblue

classicblue New Member

I think it's important to remember that you are who you are. I think it's not uncommon amongst people who are gay to seek approval in any and every way possible because they carry with them something that society doesn't readily accept. However, there reaches a point where society does not matter, because your life is your own and no one elses. It's not your problem that they do not accept it, and therefore it is not your responsibility to fix that.

6. Fate13

Fate13 New Member

less we forget what happened when u followed that path last time... I know that you want your family's aproval, but like alot of ppl in this situation they might abadon you cause of it. BUT you have me and all your other friends to help support you, including OT now that you have joined!

7. registeredPORK

Yeeaahhh.... I suppose so B-sama-san.

/me sighs

It sucks when you know you'll never have family support (biological anyway).