Self physical rehab - I cannot afford the other.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by fintheman, Oct 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Is this a wise or a dumb decision to try to do my own personal rehab.

I had a major surgery on my ankle joint (medial talus) and I cannot afford to get the physical rehab as tri-care dropped me before I could get it. (6 months outta the military)

So, my choices are the VA which is a far drive, which I can't drive too for the daily appointments, pay 200 for the first visit, and pay 40-50 bucks for the additional visits for a month with prolly 2 visits a week.

Other, I can get all the tools through e-bay, and my local gym? I have already figured out the prices of everything, and I could resell it with little loss when I am done, is physical rehab really that hard of a thing to do? I already had one surgery in the same area and I remember all the exercises and stretches I need to do?

If you are curious what actually was done in technical terms: I had a OATS procedure in which they took a piece or cartiagle bone from my knee and put it into the areas of my ankle where I had a OCD fracture that chipped off and wasn't healing right from the first surgery.

I know some people say leave everything in the hands of medicine and doctors, but what if you can't afford it? I spite the military/govt for not getting me the treatment I deserve for being hurt during my service.

Anyone with suggestions? comments? Should I try to see if I can talk to a school around here and ask for a welfare/hardship plea? I don't really wanna pull the disabled vet card unless I really have too.

-fin

2. Dr. Feel Good

Dr. Feel Good Yeah Baby This is All Part of a Routine Check up,

It is certainly possible to rehab yourself, however you should have your surgeon get a program written up for you, its the least he can do.

3. prech

prech New Member

What type of tools and exercises are necessary? I've been doing rehab on my knee/ITB strain, but that's mostly bodyweight exercises and stretching, only equipment necessary being some bands and a foam roller

4. Undefined

Undefined New Member

pull the disabled vet card fuck it. dont be too proud, this is your health on the line and you've got nothing to really be ashamed of. at least go to 1 or 2 sessions of professional therapy and then if you really wanna you can do the rest yourself, just figure out what exactly they'll have you doing and do it on your own.

5. fintheman

fintheman I will ebay O/T!

Cool, beg to the director of the rehab chain, and get tips from the surgeon that operated on me :)

Thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.