SRS Self Hypnosis?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Omerta6, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

I'm having issues getting over my ex. Its fucking me up in school (6 engineering courses) and its seems like I just can't clear my head. We broke up and I know it wouldn't work. But she was my first love (1.5 years) and she was the first person I let inside me emotionally. Sometimes I feel like I really want her back, but I know it won't work nor do I think it is possible.

Anyway I'm looking for the fastest and most efficient way to clear my head of this crap and move on. Does anyone have any suggestions on some self-hypnosis methods?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I think its better for you to come to the realisation that you should never go into a relationship expecting things to work out just because its 'your case' many people think their relationship is special and everlasting while in reality a girl can pick up her bags and leave any moment. Going into a relationship therefore with the wrong expectations is what causes such a heartacke. Its therefore better to realise that your relationship has come to a dead end road, and that although you may always love her you have to be in the realisation that you need to turn around your car and head back to the main high way of life.

3. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

I donno, I don't feel like I still love her. We hung out last week to test waters. But that didn't work out. The issue is I developed my relationship with her and not as closely with my other friends and now I'm dealing with loosign my best friend and girlfriend, even though logically I now the relationship wasnt going anywhere it still hurts. To many eggs in one basket is a big part of the issue.

I initially got into the relationship with bleak expectations, they have changed over the course of our relationship to where we almost moved in together, but I got cold feet and backed out after I got to think about it alot.

I guess I got used to the validation of her always needing me. It was habbit forming, and well I'm dealing with it now.
    We grew distant the last month of our relationship and she told me afterwards she was disconnecting herself from me and lied/fabricated about how she was feelign to my face so that I wouldn't expect anything. I did have suspicions but I was to busy dealing with everthing else to try and work more to get her back and not get anything else done as I was under big time and money contraints. So, that was a bit hurtful. I suspected that she would pull something like that but I let myself think that she was better than that and would be honest with me about her feelings.

I'm just trying to find the most efficent way to let go

4. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Then do THAT. Let go!

Don't go to the bars spying on her (per your Vag thread), don't "hang out to test the waters", don't text each other.

Break it off clean and move on with your life.

5. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

I didn't go to the bar spying on her... I think you interpreted that wrong.

This is the plan I am doing, I'm avoiding her at all costs no communication at all. Shes wasted enough of my time.

My problem is I have moments of self doubt that come out of no where. I just need to get those in check and I'm good to go.

6. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

That's going to happen for a while dude.

I've been separated from my ex for two years and even now, once in a GREAT while I'll get a moment of self-doubt and a twinge of wanting to see what would happen if we get back together.

Always keep on the top of your mind that in that situation you will not cave at any and all costs and in time it will get easier to bat down.

7. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

I'm actually doing a bit of reading in NLP. Huge help I find, in more than just dealing with something that will eventually be insignificant such as my current situation.

8. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

Since I don't really have anywheres else to share this with I'm going to use this thread as my emotional vent...

So, she messaged me last night attempting to blame me for her not being able to feel any complex emotions anymore lol....

I bit, I couldn't get her out of my head and figured it would be a good release. I explained that she needs to take responsibility for herself etc.. she put herself in her situation. I told her thing would never go back to the way they were. I made my best attempt and she was not interested so I'm moving on. I told her I do not want to see or talk to her for a while as I am spending this time to rediscover myself. She agreed, then told me she was an idiot and rebounded again, which fucking sucks to hear, but at the same time it gives me the closure to not imagine any more 'what ifs' and allows me to completely shut myself off from any idea of her and us ever working things out and having a future. (My biggest issue is, I'm a problem solver by nature I've never been stumpted in not finding away to attain a goal if I wanted it bad enough and well this is something far out of my control). I almost feel like I want to feel more pain from this for some reason, it makes me feel alot stronger about myself but at the same time it makes me feel like shit and I just want vent on something. I want to knock someone the fuck out, but I know that won't solve anything. But I feel as though bottling these feelings up is preventing me from being able to focus on my work, I really do not know what to do to manage this. I have 2 midterms tomorrow on my 2 hardest courses and I feel as though I cannot focus.

I feel a terrible mix of emotions between confidence, anger and sadness. I've introverted to deal with this, I don't want anythign to do with girls/people until I can get my life back in order.

I need a good safe release, but cannot think of one.

As an aside, I realised completely why I freaked out as you would know from the thread Viper is refering to. I had sever rejection issues from being a child, and everything just rolled back to the tramatic events when I was younger when I visually saw her rejecting me in front of me, it brought out a creature within me that I have never let surface before. I've realized this about myself and am working to understand and correct this hence the rediscovering thing.

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm actually going to suggest you go read my current thread in the Vag about facing lost love.

10. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

I actually read it today, very well written and a helpful incite man. Thanks

11. Omerta6

Omerta6 New Member

Well I ended up running onto her today cause she was with mutual friends.

Turns out she fucked a fat stoner 27 year old unprotected less than a week after we broke it off and had the nerve to tell me she loves me. Jesus fucking christ, what a discusting whore, how did I love her?