SRS Self Esteem issues

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CT Cubs Fan, Jul 25, 2008.

1. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

So I recently started dating this girl (about 2 months ago) and everything has for the most part been great. The thing is, I've been inexplicably down on myself in regards to her (which hasn't happened in past relationships that I can remember). I keep waiting for her to no longer find me interesting and I feel like I'm boring around her even though she has given me no reason to think like this. WTF ot?

2. keysmachine

keysmachine New Member

this is all to common, all you've done here is place her over yourself which means you feel inferior to her in whatever way. its your insecurities that are winning over yourself, which will manifest jealousy which will drive this woman away. All this stems down to self esteem issues, but you already knew that

What about you are you unhappy with?

3. CT Cubs Fan

CT Cubs Fan New Member

Hard to say really. I feel like I lack any discernible talent/ability. I feel like I must be boring because lately I haven't really done much besides work all day.

4. eXyle

eXyle ׂ

you may just be in a rut. doing the same thing every day without much variety can certainly wear you down. it's difficult to feel special when you're following the same routine everyday. i don't know much about your SO, but if she's not following a routine like you are (she has new stories to tell, everyday seems like a new adventure), that could be what's taking a toll on your self-esteem. you're simply comparing your life to hers.

unless you've had long standing insecurity issues (does not seem like it based on what you've said about your past relationships), this may all just be a "down" part of your lifecycle and nothing to get overly worked up about.

break your routine, start a new project (go to the gym, learn a new skill, experience something new) and see if that does anything for you.