GUN Seismic, Chip, NW crew, sup this Saturday?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Dec 18, 2009.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

IDPA, aka hide and shoot this Saturday (tomorrow, yes last minute).

Garden and I will be out there shooting brown folks. Ya'll should peel down to this shin diggity. I promise clear skies? :x:

2. seismic

seismic New Member

Oh man my name is in a thread!

I have my 10 year high school reunion at like 7 on Saturday, and I'm going to have to drive down to it... so, wife and kid time. :wtc:

3. ChipOnShoulder

ChipOnShoulder New Member

I'll do my very best to be there tomorrow, but I'm going out on the town in Cap Hill tonight. Hopefully, I won't have to stab any bums or hipsters tonight, and will be sober enough at 8:30 AM to wake up and make the drive, down, lol.

When does registration end? 10 AM?

totally do-able... me thinks...

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

Every 3rd Saturday bro. Put it on your calander! We shoot year round, and IDPA is very new shooter friendly. Time to make the G19 work, it's a shooter!

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

good shit, if you get shit faced just fall asleep in front of the range gates. I'll be there at 7:30 to open up the range anyhow. :mamoru:

6. ChipOnShoulder

Ran out of gas, and had to take a detour on the way home... to ML King Way!

It was an interesting cultural experience, I stuck out like a sore thumb. Everyone was giving the (hansome) asian guy in the WRX double takes. When I stopped for gas, a police car drove by and the guy riding shotgun did a double take and had a WTF look on his face.

It was nice to see a side of Seattle i had never seen before though, the part of Seattle that is 100% black, haha.

As for the IDPA match, I sucked it up again. Hungover and unhappy is no way to shoot a match, haha. I was so drunk, that I woke myself up at 7AM on account of how dry and stinky my mouth was, haha. Thankfully, the match stages were all pretty simple and quick to get through, we didn't have to stand around too much.

Walmart needs to fucking get some more 9mm ammo back in stock so i can fuggin practice!

7. :rofl: This was a pretty tame match as far as even IDPA goes.

8. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

How'd the 34 run MG?

9. It was fuckin' fantastic. I am in love with the pistol.

10. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

People that have never been to the ghetto blow my mind. Pretty sure nobody gave you a second thought :rofl:

11. sqwirl

sqwirl New Member

I'm glad it went to a good home. No cutting the fuck out of the webbing in your hand?

I'm dying to shoot the 29, of course local shop is out of 10mm again. I only have half a box sitting around too.

12. It didn't bother my hand at all. I really can't express how much I like shooting it. I'm going to Vegas for a few days starting tomorrow, and I'd rather skip the trip and spend time at the range with the G34. Seriously.

13. ChipOnShoulder

Nah, I lived on U-street in DC mang, and I went to get fried chicken on H-street just to do it.

Seattle city neighborhoods are much more segregated than in the east coast me thinks.

14. Laurel

Laurel New Member

I used to work on Capital Hill and when I had to go to south Seattle (MLK, etc) they'd send one of the guys with me.

15. AB13

AB13 New Member

LOL. I grew up in Beacon Hill. And my dad's house was on MLK and Kenyon, directly across the street from the old projects, Holly Park. I was one of the only Flip dudes that could hoop it up out there without getting jumped for my shoes and jacket.

16. AB13

AB13 New Member

yeah, today's match was mad weak. There was only 1 stage that required any movement and it was a short retreating stage. These were stages from the 09 IDPA Nationals. Dude, I'd be pissed if I flew out to this major and had to shoot these stages, wtf???

17. Yeah, when I heard "Nationals" I had visions of cool stages with props and creative design. This match was like a big classifier stage.

18. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

Generally nationals and world matches stages are real tame. Lots of short speed shoot or classifier type stages. Prize tables are not that great and the RO's are DQ crazy. Really the area and state matches are probably a lot better. If I take time off from work, travel out of state, live in a hotel for a few days I want to shoot big feild courses, not classifiers or standards.

19. mstad

mstad New Member

That's funny MLK is an all black area in Portland too.

Come to think of it, MLK in any town I've been to is always a black area.
    :eek3:

20. ChipOnShoulder

When I first moved back to Seattle, I met a Flip dude at a party who was carrying. He was into guns, i was into guns, we bonded and shit. I split the shipping on two cases of XM-193 with him, and when i went to his (parent's) place in Beacon Hill, he had a gun under every pillow and mattress.

When I asked him if he had shot any of the ammo, he told me he popped off a few mags into the air during the 4th of July. LOL. Suddenly i realized the stories about him getting into gun fights and drawing down on people in arcade arguments might have been real.

Now my good, female asian friend from TN is living in a fixer-upper in Beacon hill with a bunch of hippy dippy faggots who don't lock their front door, raise chickens, and eat gluten free and shit. I seriously worry about her safety somtimes. I frequently remind the dumb hippies that live with her about "this week in Beacon Hill crime" haha.

21. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

have you done anything to the 34 MG?

22. Yar gave me a real good deal on parts, so it's got a GlockWorx fulcrum trigger, lightened striker spring, and titanium plunger.

23. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

you still have the stock sights on it?

24. yeah. I need to pick up a set with a fiber optic front.

25. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

tight...I'm going to order the non-fulcrum trigger today and the comp springs.

wait how did you use the fulcrum at IDPA :nono:

:rofl: