Sega GT 2002

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Turboed_2, Sep 9, 2002.

1. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

Anyone else pick this game up yet? I bought it today and I'm hooked on it. I know that everyone has their opinions of it and it mainly not being as good as Gran Turismo, but I think for what it has in the game, it's pretty damn close. I like how you can actually get classic cars in the game. I can only think of the Shelby Cobra in GT3. Right now I've got a Charger and a Chevelle in my garage...aside from my 7 other cars. I guess it's just nice to play something different too. New courses and everything :bigthumb:

2. iZero

iZero Guest

I picked it up on its release day.

I currently have:

Full modded:
    Nissan Mid 4 (413 hp)
    Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec R34 (563 hp)
    Chevrolet Chevelle (826 hp)
    Ford GT40 Concept (720 hp)

Stock cars:
    Skyline GT-R Racing
    Mercedes Benz 300SL
    Zero
    Mazda RX-3 Racing
    Dodge Charger
    Ford Mustang GT390
    Nissan 240Z Racing
    Subaru Impreza 22B STi
    Caterham Super Seven R500R
    Ford GT40
    Jaguar mk2
    Dodge Viper GTS/R Concept

I've had to sell a couple cars along the way. I started with a Fiat Punto, and then got an AE86. My GT40 Concept is the quickest car, it's running 9.0 in the 1/4, and has incredible handling.

3. Turboed_2

Turboed_2 .

I started out with a Peugot 206 then ditched that for an AE86. Currently my 86 has like 269hp and runs low 12's in the 1/4 :) I have enough money to buy other cars but I'm going to stick with my 86 for now. I have won most of those cars that you listed too plus the Cosmo Sport.

4. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I started with an old Celica GT. But im currently using a 70's Skyline GT-R racecar...and my tried and true AE86.

But im thinking of starting over from scratch, and redoing things fromt eh begining.

5. iZero

iZero Guest

Yeah, I started over before I had my current garage. They really needed a way to test drive the cars before you buy them (most aren't even in battle mode when you have the chance to buy them).

6. Machine Head

Machine Head New Member

anyone else still playing this game? I just got my Xbox and I too am hooked..winning money is the hardest part. I was running the Toyota levine..great handeling car fully modded with 190 hp ..but I had to sell it to buy something faster and more reliable
    I got a few questions

1. On some cars I am consistently blowing my exhaust and my turbo..whats the deal?
    2.. Is there an easier way to earn cash? I just keep running the first course over and over again. I don't want to start running the events because it will prevent me from getting the NA level 4 tuning and level 4 exhaust

7. iZero

iZero Guest

Holy blast from the past...

I went to the Mid 4 after using the Tureno. That can take you up the the Skyline or whatever. After that, get the GT Concept, and you've got the best car in the game.

8. Surgie

Surgie Mein Führer, I can walk!

Are there any sites with info / screenshots of the game? Sounds badass (don't have an Xbox though :o ), just want to check it out some :)

I miss GT2 & the classic cars, hopefully they'll put them back in GT4 :x: