Seeking: PHP/MySQL Programmer - Gaming Community

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GTAce076, Mar 30, 2005.

1. GTAce076

GTAce076 Indedennis Day

I wasn't sure where to post this...hopefully I didnt screw up :hs:

Overview
    Currently Maximum Gamerz is seeking a very experienced php coder to assist in the upkeep and design of Maximum Gamerz. We are a community so we can not offer any paid positions, but if you have a kind heart and would like to help a gaming community out please let us know. However, do note that we are willing to offer various other rewards for your work (discussed later). Our current developer is tasked with general upkeep of the site and new projects for the site. We have recently started an ASP.NET side of the site that needs to be completed, but with the current php projects, he has not had the time to be able to work on that site.

Background
    We are a gaming community with a member base of 3-4 years old. We've been through a few facelifts and administration shifts, but we've hit a solid combination the last 5 months or so. We've recently purchased a lifetime IPB license and are in the process of upgrading right now.

What we seek
    We've got a solid Admin team that monitors posts, and we have 2 admins (including myself) that do all of the code work. The work is becoming overwhelming for both of us though, so we would like somebody to help out.

Position Responsibilities:
    General code fixes and updates
    Implementing/assisting in the development of our new portal system
    Implementing new modules to our Custom Portal System
    and various other tasks

Position Requirements:
    Extensive CSS, PHP and MySQL knowledge
    Ability to work with little to no supervision

Extras:
    Invision Power Board knowledge
    IPBSDK knowledge
    Javascript experience.

Final Note
    We're a fun group of people, and we're very easy to work with. We're looking for somebody that's in it for the love of the work. As already stated, we can't provide any monetary reward, but we are willing to give certain forum privileges back in return (ie: storage space on our server, ability to upload, and special privileges for our various features).

Please direct all questions to me either in this thread, on an instant messenger, or via email. Please, no PM's. We also request to see any of your previous work or portfolio to help us decide.

Email - [email protected]

On behalf of the Maximum Gamerz community, thanks for your consideration,
    >Ryan
    MaximumGamerz.com

*Note: We will soon abandon nuke, so PHP-Nuke skills are not desired*

2. D1G1T4L

D1G1T4L Active Member

dont think you'll find too many people who are going to work for free

3. GTAce076

GTAce076 Indedennis Day

Well, the way we're lookin at it is...We do it for free (run the site for free)...We do it because we like what we do...I'm sure there are people out there that will do this, just a matter of finding them. It's not like they would just end up being our slave, we want somebody that will become part of the community.

4. dk01

dk01 Awwwwww..... OT Supporter

I would but am doing like 2 of these kinds of things right now in addition to paid work....sorry :(

5. GTAce076

GTAce076 Indedennis Day

I understand, I dont blame anybody for doing work for $ over free work any day, I would do it too, but like I've said, we want this to be a hobby, not a job, something whoever decides to do, does it because they enjoy doing it...Offer is in the air though, it might be in the air for a while too, so if you change your mind, you know where to find me