A&P Seeking opinions...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by SICK GUY, Feb 25, 2010.

1. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

my company has recently been going through tons of transitions. we were purchased to prevent us from shutting down, but since then our parent company has not really known how to use my department. since we are a design build / company, our focus forever has been precast tilt-up, but now that market is dead and we are trying to sell ourselves as a department to them that can do more than just tilt up work.

the images below are what i have created as a marketing sort of deal to demonstrate what sort of building we have done, and also what sort of capabilities we can do as a department graphically.

let me know what you think, please, i could use some outside perspective.

be nice though :o

everything on this page was created by me, colored elevations and site plans, cad drawings, etc. the intention with this one is to demonstrate our ability to design concepts of building and develop a site, even if it never gets built. i worked on about 10 variations of this building and the site layout, but its likely this building will probably never be a go.

[​IMG]

this is a profile sheet of a building my company did before i got here. outside of the photo in the upper left hand corner, all the content was created by someone else, i just created the page layout. this is to demonstrate what goes into a building, and adds a little anecdote about the project.

[​IMG]

and this last sheet is a building that i actually did do. i did every drawing on this building, including shop drawings for the construction phase. this is just another profile sheet, but all content was created by me, including the photos (except the aerial photo) and layout. the idea is to show each phase as a CAD drawing, and then as a final product. the top has the elevations, the middle is the shop drawing/ construction phase, and the areial is to show how the building matches the plan drawings.

[​IMG]

as a side note, im a big calvin and hobbes fan, so for anyone thats a fan, you will be happy to know that the page layout ideas came directly from many calvin and hobbes sunday strips. :wiggle:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  2. johan

johan Active Member

You meant "anecdote" ya?

The layouts look great. I was recently attached as an advisor to a large construction project. This stuff looks just like all the conceptual renderings they put out.

Well the 2nd and 3rd do. The first one looks like the poster boards all the arch students put up. Esp. the inset render.

3. SICK GUY

SICK GUY 69, DUDE!!

fixed :o

thanks, the first is really just to showcase our capabilities.