Seeing classic film in Houston

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by tefnut, Jun 7, 2007.

1. tefnut

tefnut build

So, due to job reasons I'm having to leave Toronto and will move to Houston for a few years. Movies are among the many things that I need to sort out: in Toronto, there's quite a number of arthouse/historic cinemas, which I love and frequent. I have no idea what this scene is like in Houston (or nearby places in Texas). Anyone from there? What are some good places that screen classic and/or contemporary films?

Someone's already mentioned the Angelika Theater to me, and it looks promising (although it seems focused on contemporary rather than classic showings). Better yet, there's also the Museum of Fine Arts Houston's Film section, which is showing classics like "Black Orpheus", "Walkabout", "Kwaidan", "Sansho the Bailiff", "Knife in the Water", "WR: Mysteries of the Organism", "Madame de ...", "Wild Strawberries", "The Seventh Seal" and "Seven Samurai" over the coming months. That's pretty much exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Any others besides those two?

2. bitchno3

bitchno3 New Member

http://www.drafthouse.com/

I know they now have one in houston, but i don't know how it compares to the austin theaters for things not new releases