MIL Security Interview

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Mr. Monopoly, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Mr. Monopoly

Mr. Monopoly OT Supporter

So I just got a call from the Special Investigator who is doing my background check for my security clearance. I applied for Top Secret to get my job as an Air Battle Manager for the Air Force after OTS. I'm supposed to meet him at the local library Monday for the interview. It's been a while since I've filled out the SF-86 (about six months), and I've forgotten some of the details that were on it. I didn't lie or anything, but I don't wanna give the man the wrong number of years I've known Mr. X and the impression that I'm lying. Is he just going to ask pretty general questions in a normal way, or are we going to do the single light in the eyes and "You can't handle the truth?" :hs:

2. Eng

Eng New Member

lol Im doing the same thing next week

3. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

normal questions, just asking about some refrences nothing much, mine was really short way back when

4. Mr. Monopoly

He told me that he'd be wearing a suit a la Men in Black. Should I be looking about the same, or is just dress casual fine?

5. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

i wouldnt do anything special, slacks and a polo maybe

6. Mr. Monopoly

Sounds good. Thanks!

7. kazimer

kazimer New Member

mine was 3 hours, but then again I did a study abroad session in college and had to come up with people places and numbers of those that knew me back then....the lousy fucks didnt even want to call one of my buddies because it was an international number to korea :squint:

i wore a thong and sandals

8. thunderchicken

thunderchicken OT Supporter

If you are getting a TS clearance they will ask your neighbors and references about your activities. As long as you are truthful and your credit rating is good enough, you should be good to go..

9. AE x 11ty

AE x 11ty Guest

I applied for TS clearance as well while trying to reenlist into the Marine Corps. At the last moment I bailed, thinking I wasn't going to get the clearance. I'm now trying to join the Army. Eventually, my recruiter asked me for the SF-86 forms I filled out and I gave it to her. But I never told her I requested clearance. How can I find out if my identity is being processed for a TS clearance ??

10. AE x 11ty

AE x 11ty Guest

My credit blows, my parents are Ethiopian/Eritrean, my father was a former communist police officer turned guerrilla fighter. My employment record is faulty and so is my prior service proficiency marks. That was too much for me to assume that I would actually get TS clearance. I bailed on my reciters without talking to them. I didn't want to hear their reasons why I would get through it. :o

11. kazimer

kazimer New Member

basically as long as you have no delinquent accounts (past 120 days) in like the last 2 years, you will most likely pass the credit check/test. its not like you have to have a specific fico score, you just have to show that you are financially responsible and have a somewhat decent track record of that behaviour

12. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I do not have any specifics, but I think due to the economy, they have been a bit more strict on financial issues.

13. Eng

Eng New Member

:hsugh: Ya, you are not getting a TS clearance

14. AE x 11ty

AE x 11ty Guest

Yeah, I keep telling myself the only reason I went through with it as far as I did, is because of the 9 jobs offered to me, only 3 were of interest to me. And of course, they all required TS clearance. So it was either get TS clearance or don't join. All the other branches offered me practically nothing cause I'm prior service. Then I checked out the CG because nearly all their positions open, but the time to get in was too long. Then I said fuck it, and decided to go Army Infantry. :hsugh: I just noticed that you're a heavy lurker....

15. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

If your dad is dead, you may have a chance.

16. Mr. Monopoly

Argh... security interview postponed til tomorrow.

17. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

what is all this I applied for a TS, you get a TS if you job requires it, you dont just go "hey I think I want a TS"

18. Mr. Monopoly

:rofl: Good point. Edit. I got picked up for Air Battle Manager during an OTS board and got told to fill out a SF86 form.