Security+...Anyone taken this one?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PSUPef2K, Feb 3, 2005.

1. PSUPef2K

PSUPef2K #Elite member

It's the next one I'm going for. Anyone been there done that already? :x:

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have Security + for dummies, Michael Myers passport for security + and a Microsoft security+ book. :)

2. col_panic

col_panic calm like a bomb Moderator

yeah, i had it in may 04. but the class was really basic and it was just me and four guys from the department of defense. the commander wanted his men to get a cert so he could promote them or something and i was just there to get continuing education credits so we turned it into an exam prep course.

for a lot of the questions on the test you had to memorize the comptia answer because real life was often a bit different. i didn't even bother to take the test. pretty lame unless you are a real beginner in security, and lame even then because some of the test answers are just plain wrong.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I have the Exam Cram book for it and a Fravo study guide, but haven't gotten to take the test yet.

4. korrupshun

korrupshun New Member

read a book or two for it, was very basic technical wise, seemed to emphasize too much business practice to hold my attention......if i remember correctly it has the highest % to pass (ie you need like 70-80% to pass the test) of all Comptia, and is quickly going the way of A+ in number of certificates given