SRS Seasonal Depression...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by firestarter810, Nov 11, 2007.

1. firestarter810

firestarter810 New Member

Commented in the thread on the main board, thought I'd see what else people had to say in here...

Does anyone else suffer from this? As I posted in the main, When the weather gets to this season, and its dark all the time and cold, I find myself depressed. I get very paranoid, sad, angry, mean and violent. I'll be talking to someone (who or about what doesn't matter) and I can 'hear' white noise and I feel pressure in my ears and my blood pressure starts to rise and I feel the need to hurt someone. So I generally shut myself in for a few days, dose myself with vitD and multivitamins and in a couple or few days the feeling goes away. But sometimes when m all alone like that, I get a 'physically' sinking feeling and I have to go out or...I'm not too sure, I've never forced myself to stay in that long.

Does anyone else have seasonal depression? Does it feel like this for everyone else? For the record, I've never been formally diagnosed, But I've always felt this way every winter and a few friends that I've described it to, say thats what I have...

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

No, I wouldn't say depression. I would say I suffer from ... seasonal malaise?

I am much much much much happier during the warm months. I will probably have to move south at some point because no matter what I do I am always much much much much happier during the warm months.

Early summer, late spring may be my favorite. Spring is warm enough to be awesome in itself and has the important added benefit of being as far away temporally from cold weather as possible. My only complaint about late summer is that it tends to forecast fall.

Other people point out the "beautiful" orange leaves of fall. I say, "Oh look, summer is dying. How wonderful." Summer is fully dead at this point, where I am. :wtc:

3. firestarter810

firestarter810 New Member

I'm just fine in the summer months. I was just fine up til about two weeks ago. Halloween was awesome here, there were some kids trick or treating in t-shirts. Then it all just went to hell and got cold and dark.

This past week I've been feeling really bad. The temp is right around zero. Its dark when I go to work, and dark when I come home. I've stayed in most of the week, til last night when I just couldn't stand it anymore. But I just went out and sat by myself in a coffee shop; I didn't want to interact with anyone.

4. Hellcat

Hellcat New Member

I used to have a lot of problems with SAD but picking specific activities that kept me busy in the winter, snowboarding, snowshoeing, etc really helped out.

It's just about getting out in the sun and in the world, not shutting yourself up. Humans shouldn't try to hibernate.