Sears Batteries Diehard or Optima?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 3, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok the battery on my truck is getting weak, I got a couple gift cards for Sears for Xmas, so I will use them to purchase the battery, Is there any advantage to buying the Optima battery over the Diehards? Now I do run my laptop sometimes at work in my truck using a power inverter if that makes any difference to the decision.

2. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

Get a Die Hard Gold series, costs less, has a better warranty and will suit your needs just fine. I currently don't have a Die Hard in my truck, but the last one I had lasted 6.5 years before it died.

The Optimas really don't shine until you get hardcore with the battery, high vibration, rollovers, or pulling VERY heavy loads out of them frequently.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: yeah I saw the diehard is rated for longer then the optima, wont be pulling any loads heavier then a motorcyle on trailer, and only thing close to offroading the truck ever sees is some rough dirtroads.

4. Pro-X

Pro-X New Member

My last Diehard was just replaced after 6.5 years of trouble free service. Went with the AC Delco this time mainly because I got 7 year FREE Replacement warranty and install out the door for $82.00

5. 311-420

311-420 New Member

optima is a revolutionary battery. do some research and the answer to your question will quickly become clear.