Searching for Notebook Mouse

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cassetti, Dec 1, 2003.

1. cassetti

cassetti New Member

Hi guys! - First time poster to this site - i don't remember how i got linked here -but i was like - woa - he he - this is a huge forum.... compaired to some of the forums i'm on. (By the way - cassetti is my nickname on other forums - all of which are car audio related FYI)

I recently purchased a Dell inspiron 5100 custom laptop - thanks to some financial help (college student discount) - i was able to get quite a nice one - for what i paid that is.

Anyway - so i now have a dillemma - i've been using the notebook for over a month now - and have grown tired of my original wired hp force feedback mouse i got off ebay (to see if it was as cool as the logitech i-feel mouse that i got before - which for the record - get the logitech i-feel mouse if you want a cool optical one - also good for people like my grandpa whos just learning the computer - it helps him 'feel' where links are and that sort of stuff)

Anyway - this sucker is wired and has a ball - not even optical!

Well i got some money to burn (my mom uses the laptop also - so shes fed up with the mouse as well!) - so i'm looking for the best mouse.

I need a wireless mouse without a need for a recharge base (no wireless mice with ac plugs!). But i want one that is obviously optical.

Battery life is not an issue - But the biggest issue - is erginomics.

I have a medium sized hand (not small - not huge) - but yet - right now - i am using an IBM optical wired mouse i use on my personal custom computer - the one with the blue scroll wheel.

Anyway - the thing that annoys me - is that when i use the optical mouse on the couch or armrest of my couch - the bottom of my palm - near my wrist - drags against the fabric - causing me to lean my hand further up the mouse - which annoys me.

Anyone know of any really nice comfortable mice that i would like - and not need a wrist rest like what i have up in my room (you know - those gel filled wrist rests.)

Thanks alot guys!

(and i did have a microsoft intellemouse explorer optical before - wired of course - but i ended up getting realllllly t'd at my computer because i had a huge project i typed up - and my computer crashed - paper was due 15 hours later (it was 8 at night - and computer refused to come back on) - ended up snapping the mouse cable in half bcuz i was so ticked ~ not the smartest idea for a $60 mouse at the time!)

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Logitech Cordless Duo MX. Or any Logitech actually, they make nothing but good stuff.

3. cassetti

cassetti New Member

problem is - the logitec duo - if i'm not mistaken - is that nice $80 one right - the one with the black buttons on gray mouse......

its got one tiny problem - it has a recharger base - and this is for a laptop,

4. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Logitech makes cordless mice without a recharger base as well. Check here to see all the models.