Searching for individual SLP parts.......

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 426Hemi, Aug 2, 2003.

1. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Wondering if anyone knows where I can find individual parts, specifically the front grill and the rear panel blackout kit. I dont really want to pay for the full package at once. :x:
  2. bobomb

bobomb no torque, no care OT Supporter

Nov 21, 2002

linenoyz New Member OT Supporter

Aug 3, 2002
  4. 426Hemi

426Hemi Guest

Well I called and talked to an SLP rep and came away with some good and some bad information.

First the good; You are able to order parts without ordering the entire package.

The front grill goes for $331. Seems a little pricey to me. Might have to find another source for the grill.

The back black out pannel is $249 but also comes with the spoiler. ( Just saw on Gm Parts Direct that their version is $309 so SLP's deal is not bad. {part #88956010 } In addition the right and left panels are $70 a piece) Aparently you cannot seperate these two. So I guess if you do not want the spoiler then you are screwed and you'll just have to throw it out on ebay or somthing. Dosen't seem excessive on the price for this item.

The cat-back duals are $499. Once again that dosent sound too terribly expensive, considering GM's ( ) is $419. Anyone know if one is better than the other as far as performance gains and sound?

And finally the last product that I asked about is the cold air induction kit. It's $139. Not sure if that is a good price or not, havent done any reasearch for them. I do know that on my Gr. Ch. the kits I saw were like $250 so that may not be a bad price.

Now for the bad news. SLP will no longer be offering anything beyond Stage 1.

The rep that I talked to said that they had too many customer complaints and problems with the other Stages. This results from them using a different company's software upgrades (I think he said Hypertech cannot remember) that ended up having issues. When I asked him if they were planning on developing their own packages he said "No" So folks I guess we are officially screwed as far as SLP is concerned. After you get the stage 1 package I guess you have to search else where to continue upgrading your ride.

To end on a positive note, he did say that it is possible that SLP will offer a supercharger kit for the Non-SS Impalas.