searching for days v. wireless gaming with vista

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Insert, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Insert

Insert Active Member

vistas wireless management system blows ass similarly to XPs... except nobody seems to have made a wireless management program that works in vista to fix it. so every 60 seconds or so in COD i get a huge lag spike and connection interrupted. (for the record this doesnt happen when hardwired)

found plenty of threads all over the net with people having the same problems but no real concrete solutions besides wait for a wireless management program that works with vista.

anyone know of a real fix or a program that will manage the connections properly so i can play games?

moving the computer downstairs for a hardwire isnt an option, though i may be able to run it through the walls if there is absolutely no choice.

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

1) Router problems?

2) Wireless adapter problems?

3) Interference?

4) Signal Issues?

5) On and on and on...

There are so many variables when using 802.11 that it is best to simply go hard-wired if you're doing anything that needs a stable connection. People swear by wireless and claim it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but as I stated, there are far too many issues found within a wireless network that can cause problems and prevent it from being replacement for cabling.

3. Insert

Insert Active Member

well i gamed wirelessly on my laptop before i built this computer with XP so i doubt its the router. signal may be a problem, tried a few G adapters but as a last resort im going to pick up a N adapter tomorrow from linksys thats "vista compatible" for whatever thats worth. for $70 it better be fucking flawless :mad:

i just read a post on another forum about throwing in a wireless bridge so you can hardwire it from that.... would that fix it you think?

4. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I have gamed on Vista no problems.

5. Insert

Insert Active Member

:hsugh: