Searched but couldn't find anything on this condom topic

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by THT, Jul 15, 2008.

1. THT

THT The easy way is always mined

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Never heard of them :dunno: But this forum loves Crown Skinless, so if all else fails I'd try them. They are very thin and feel great.

3. THT

I have a latex allergy :hs:

And the Crown's are also twice as thick as these, just a tad thicker than the Avantis (that are now discontinued :wtc:)

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Ouch, that sucks. Well good luck! Hopefully someone in here has experience with them.

5. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I dunno about their precise thickness, but I've always loved the polyerithane (I cant spell, sorry) Trojan Golds as a good non-latex option

6. THT

Googled and got books :rofl:

7. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

crown guy here. but the allergy sucks. may check these out myself

8. THT

Gave them the old college try this weekend. They're definitely more sensitive than the Avantis and didn't break.

9. Vanilla Tarantino

Vanilla Tarantino OT Supporter

I'm definitely intrigued, but I'm hard pressed to justify buying them when I can get 4x as many Crown condoms for the same price.

10. THT

They feel alot better than the Crowns. I've tried almost every super-thin latex condom (it's basically how I developed this sensitivity) and I can say that while the Crowns are good, these are phenomenal by comparison.

11. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

tell me again how you developed a sensitivity to latex through repeated use of latex condoms? the average man uses latex condoms, say, for his lifetime without issues. just curious from the immunology/biology nerd.

12. Vanilla Tarantino

There are plenty of things that, given repeated exposure, can become allergens for a person. Latex is one of the worst for this. People can go years without a latex allergy, but then just develop it one day.

13. yankeeschick14

yeah I know about the repeated exposure thing, like bees,pollen, and other pathogens, just finding this one interesting for some reason. like the rate of exposure would have to be relatively high, since there are many people who are constantly exposed to latex and resistant to allergy development. condom usage is a pretty short period of time comparatively. OP, are you also exposed to latex on your job? Just very curious, sorry for hijacking. mmmm research time

14. Vanilla Tarantino

http://www.virtualcancercentre.com/diseases.asp?did=805#Who_gets_it

Interesting. From this text, it seems that somebody would probably have some pretty bad allergies to other things as well to quickly develop a latex allergy since, as you said, contact is very brief with condoms. It's possible he was using latex gloves frequently in his field, thus developing an allergy that way (edit:which upon reading your last post a second time, you already addressed :o ). Additionally, it's possible that only the penis will respond to the latex since it's much more sensative skin.

15. RebootEnzo

RebootEnzo New Member

17 bucks a box wow.

16. yankeeschick14

yep, not just the increased skin sensitivity there but the open access through the urethra.

want to note that the clinical rate of breakage for polyurethane condoms is much higher than latex (7.2% vs 1.1%), but are an acceptable alternative for those with sensitivity. May make you want to consider an alternative form of bc considering regular failure rate is almost 15% in a year with latex condoms.

latex condoms containing the lubricant additive N-9 (nonoxyl-9) may increase risk of developing latex sensitivity because of the increase in latex proteins present. many users can be sensitive N-9 without actually being allergic to latex.

sorry for all the facts, just listing for those interested as i research this.

17. THT

I've used latex nearly daily since I was 16 as I was a super-science-nerd plus I volunteered at a hospital. In college, I was pre-med and when I started working on cars, I wore latex gloves under my mechanic's gloves so I wouldn't get any fluid on me. With the current girlfriend, I've had to wear a latex condom and one day, after sex, my crotch started burning. It was like I had taste buds on my wang and it had been dipped in habanero sauce.

Funny thing about all this is my girlfriend also has a latex sensitivity but it's localized to her hands. Her hands get red, swollen and itchy. She too was a science-nerd, worked in a lab for a couple years, and is a third year med student. We both now use nitrile gloves (me for cars, her for school/work).

18. Vanilla Tarantino

Well, that could help explain that. Regardless, nitrile is so much better. When I was working in a chem lab, I had the choice between free latex gloves and paying $10 for a pack of nitrile. I paid the money.

But that makes me wonder...would nitrile work for condoms...?

*edit* A quick google search shows many hits relating to FEMALE condoms made of nitrile. Nothing about male condoms though.

19. ShoverBot

ShoverBot OT Supporter

The only ones ive ever had break were the Trojan Supra Poly ones.

20. NCS

NCS Active Member

the avanti's are awful. try and find the avanti ultima's. those feel a lot like the thin durex (emotion?) that i used to use.

21. yankeeschick14

ok yeah I thought you must have had some kind of prolonged exposure through other avenues. otherwise you were just banging it out A LOT.

:h5: science nerd