Seafoam

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mooses, Jan 21, 2006.

1. mooses

mooses OT Supporter

Has anyone tried seafoam? I've used it a few times but I'm not sure of a few things. First, does it smoke everytime you do it or is the smoke supposedly the gunk being cleaned out? I'm confused as whether the smoke is from the cleaning or just the engine burning it since it is a foreign substance. Also, is it bad to use seafoam a few times in a row? If the smoke coming out means the engine is dirty and being cleaned, I would like to do it multiple times the same day to make sure it gets it all out.

2. machine81

machine81 New Member

I've used it before. I used it in a Mazda MX-6 with 180k miles and my 1982 550 motorcycle. It's my dad's weapon of choice for all things automotive. It works fine. I don't really remember it smoking though. I would assume that it's just the carbon deposits being loosened and burned. I don't think I'd add it any more frequently than the manufacturer recommends. Remember it took years to build up all that carbon. Taking it all off in one afternoon might not be the best idea. All things in moderation.

3. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

seafoam is good for the home user, but motorvac works alot better if you can find a service center that has it.

4. Fareo

Fareo New Member

i had a seafoam green dakota once :hsugh:

5. KSNIPPY

KSNIPPY As lost as i get i will find you

i used it on my 95 camry once. smoked like hell for a few minutes.

my friend used it on his 89 camry and when it was smoking you could see all of the exhaust leaks in his system. it was pretty fununy cause just as much smoke was coming out from under the car than out of the exhaust pipe.

6. Blanket

Blanket New Member

I used it in my Eclipse Spyder when I turbo'd it. Cleaned all the carbon deposits out of the used head I used. Smoke for a good 20 minutes then quit.