A&P SD beach pic from this weekend.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by redna, Oct 28, 2003.

1. redna

redna New Member

Due to the fires there was a BUNCH of orange in the original, so i adjusted it with levels and cropped.

The guy was out there watching the surfers and it looked to me as though he probably surfed but since he broke his arm he couldnt be out there... he moped around the beach a while and i snapped a few shots. this one seemed the best.

[​IMG]

Just looking for some solid critique so i can get better.

2. redna

redna New Member

original for comparison purposes...

[​IMG]

3. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

just curious, is this digital?

4. redna

redna New Member

yes. taken with a Sony DSC-P92 5.0MP

5. Dr.EtNiEs

Dr.EtNiEs Guest

what beach is that??

6. redna

redna New Member

Mission in San Diego.

7. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

Since no one has given you any critque, I'll do a little...

I like this picture, and think you made a good choice to fix the colors. I love the juxstaposition between the moping guy and the surfer and think its great that the moping guy is at the border and looking in and that we can't see his face we can only imagine it. The only thing that I would do is crop it a little;there is deffinately too much blank sky and I might even consider cropping a little to the right to bring the surfer closer to the edge of the frame

8. Geisha

Geisha Guest

I really like your picture. It's very cool.

However, In the greyed-out version, I feel that the sky is WAY too unnatural looking that it weighs the pciture down and makes the picture looks like cut-outs plasted onto gray construction paper.

I have to say though, that there's something I like about the orange version. It IS a bit too orange... perhaps if you could lessen the orange but maintain warm tones? The gray is way too 'cold' and the orange glints in the water don't match :)... PLus a warm tone creates a better atmosphere in the picture. i dont' know that's what i think... totally un-adjust the gray

9. Sigma

Sigma Guest

Good pic... I think it'd be better if you had just a little more room to the left of the guy and if the color of the sky was different than the water (not much you could have done there though)