WEB Script Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 537, Nov 7, 2007.

1. 537

537 Guest

Just moved to a different host. Got all the files in the right place I believe. Everything works except ONE thing. It's a proxy site and whenever you type the URL you want unblock in and push "Go". A error 405 message comes up as the following:

Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at byepass.info Port 80 The name of my site is: www.ByePass.info
    Really need help, PLZ HELP!!!

2. vincentfasho

vincentfasho New Member

You tried to POST (submitting, which is a bit like writing) information to a page (index.html) that is only ever supposed to be read. Generally, it has to be a script (like cgi/php/asp etc) in order to be able to handle input. Thus the error. additionally, are you on a shared box or a dedi?

also, it could be mod_sec rules (if its a shared box) you can possibly go around this by adding [SIZE=-1]'SecFilterEngine Off' in your .htaccess. This will disable the mod_sec rules for your account/domain.

if it's on a shared, using a proxy, you might get suspended bc proxy's use a lot of resources.. (i run 3 of em). hope this helps.
    [/SIZE]

3. 537

537 Guest

I'm sureI have just forgotten to put a file in the right directory since I just got a new host and had to upload all my files all over again.

I don't know what file or what directory though. Anyone help me with what file is missing? A Form File, etc?

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

You're posting to the index.html file. HTML files cannot process POST vars.

You're missing your data processing file. Maybe all you need to do is rename index.html to index.php, and if index.php has the data processing, then it should be done.

5. ez4me2c3d

ez4me2c3d Cold Member

actually your form actione is = "/." which means nothing. "./" would mean your index page on the root of that server.

6. 537

537 Guest

Kingtoad - I did what you said and I don't get a error message anymore so thanks for that little bit of help

ez4me2c3d - Also did what you said and that was wrong and thanks for pointing it out.

HOWEVER, whenever you type the site you want unblocked and push go, it's just goes right back to the homepage. I still don't know what wrong. If you would like to find out and need the site again it's:

www.ByePass.info

I need Help OT :wtc:

7. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Well, from the looks of the script it seems that you're POSTing the variables correctly. However your script may not be processing them correctly. :dunno: I don't know what to tell you. At this point we can't do much without the source code.

8. ez4me2c3d

ez4me2c3d Cold Member

I wasn't saying switching /. to ./ would save you, I was simply saying /. means nothing. unless you have a file on your root named . (period).

9. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

He wasn't saying you were wrong. He was thanking you for pointing it out because you were right and he was wrong so he fixed it.

10. Nakon

Nakon Guest

11. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

12. vincentfasho

vincentfasho New Member

hahah at least we helped him out. lol.

13. Jesse

Jesse PSN: iamajesse; XBL: Inhale My Rod; G8 GT crew; Ne OT Supporter