SRS Screwed up my chance with a girl... not sure if I should still pursue it

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Cobra Commander, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Well the thing is I have been seeing this girl for about 2 months and we haven't had that much time alone but the times we have had it's been weird. Mind you she is in high school (finishing up) and I'm in college.... but that shouldn't really matter if two people like each other.

I never made a move on her though which was stupid on my part because I've made moves with girls WAY before I should have in the past. But the reason is I haven't liked them as much as her. I guess I was just trying to be a gentleman and wait for the perfect time, but apparently she didn't want to wait so she basically broke things off giving me a bullshit excuse that "You are in college, i'm in high school it's not going to work out". I mean it doesn't matter if it does or doesn't work out, we never gave it the chance you know?

I've shown that I have been down lately to my friends and depression is starting to get to me (sort of) and one of my friends was on my computer when I was in the shower last night. WELL, she somehow decided to IM me and my shit was still up so since her last name was in the screen name, he knew it was her. He started to talk shit on her and say "You did my boy dirty" :mamoru:... When I came out of the shower he showed me the conversation and she said somethin like "Your boy should have stepped his game up and kissed me". My question is... does it really matter when I could have kissed her? If you like someone and they know it wouldn't they wait and not just want to break it up over something like a kiss? I actually have been planning on taking her to a nice dinner w/ a movie afterwards and make some moves then but she just flaked out, so I guess it was kind of her fault. I told her when she broke it off that the college vs. high school thing was ridiculous and if you really liked someone you'd make time for each other.

I sent her a message telling her how I really feel, so hopefully when she checks it she'll let me know and I'll post an update in this thread. Basically it stated how much I cared about her and respected her over any other girl and I didn't want to just "play" her like I have in the past played other girls just for the fact of "getting some".

I don't know what to do and not even sure what I'm asking, I just sort of needed to vent. :hs:

2. bowrofl

bowrofl New Member

don't waste your time on immature high school girls. i've been there, done that; it never ends well.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I really had the sense that you moved too slow , you are the hunter, you have to catch the prey before it flees away, if you know what i am saying. If you want something, just get it, don't hurt anyone in the process tho.

4. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Yes, girls can and will break up with you if you don't have the balls to make a move. To her you looked like a little kid because you didn't make a move or take the initiative to make something happen. You weren't being a MAN, you were being a BOY.

I've had this happen to me as well, although I was lucky enough to have her leave after our first weekend. She was smoking hot and when all the people from work knew I was taking her out they were all jealous. Well I pulled the Captain Nice Guy routine and didn't take things further the TWO NIGHTS she stayed over at my house. We fooled around a little bit but she obviously wanted more (back then I couldn't tell) but I was so concerned with "offending her" or "coming on too strong" that she got fed up with me and on Sunday morning she made me take her home. Just the night before she was excited to go out with me and then the next morning she was done with me.

Drop the Captain Save-a-hoe act and start doing what you want. WIth my current gf, she is far more difficult, and we didn't have sex until after 3 months of dating and spending 3-4 nights a week together. But with her, almost every night I made a move on her until she stopped me. I was never going to let that one situation happen again. If my gf told me no, I stopped but tried again the next time, until finally she didn't stop me.

If you make a move you most likely aren't going to chase a girl off, but if you don't you likely will.

5. Seems like I did fuck up. Any way to get her back you think? I reallllly liked her.

6. johan

johan Active Member

If you want someone, the "perfect time" is NOW NOW NOW.

Anything else is just your fear and insecurity talking.

Let's say you're starving, and you see a beautiful burger sizzling hot off the grill and mmmmmmm it looks DELICIOUS.

Ohhh, I'd better not. I'm not dressed right, I'm not this, I'm not that.
    No, you go over and start eating.

Let's say you're the next shuttle commander, and you're 1 hour from going up into orbit on the Shuttle, and you spy the girl of your dreams. She's hot, she's gorgeous, you want to immediately marry her and have children with her.
    And after introductions, she reciprocates.

Ummm, do you turn all shy, look down at your feet and mumble some shit about how you're busy doing some space stuff but ummmm if you're not doing anything next friday, would you like to go to a movie?

Or do you flash your brites and say, darlin, I'm gonna orbit the earth 62 times and when I get back, I'm swinging by your place to pick you up. 7pm. Wear your dancin shoes.

I'm quite sure the latter approach will work better. Don't you? :)

7. ok so we talked tonight and it was weird like flirtacious talking but we were arguing while doing it the whole time.. i think she still might be interested

we were talking about my career and she'd say "you'd come put out my fire" but meant it not in the ooh la la way and i turned it around and said

" i would have put it out for you but you're too damn ansy and wouldn't wait"

to which she responded "yeah i'm impulsive" or some shit like that...

anyway she asked me for some cans for her grade to get boosted and i was thinking i could be nice and take her some or i can just ignore it.... nm she just sent me a text right now it went a little like

"do you really want those cans?"

her: "its too late now. i need them in the morning."

her: "wait how many cans u got?"

haha i dunno if i should just get a fat bag and leave it on her doorstep in the morning? what do you think? would that put me back in the game?

8. johan

johan Active Member

For the love of christ dont leave the cans on her doorstep and then slink away into the dim early morning predawn.

you can either let her call you, or else leave a brief very casual message. You still need those cans or what? Nothing else.

You need to give off a strong air of "take it or leave it, cuz I'm pretty busy. might not have time to drop em off"

9. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Yeah, I've Fed up and not made a move in the past. Acutally, it happened multiple times before I finally figured out what the deal was. If you want it, go for it. Keep going until she stops you.

10. i dropped em off at like 2 in the morning

and ill keep goin for it until she stops me.

i got a plan.. she just got a toungue ring so i'm gonna be like "so did they tell you if you are allowed to kiss with that thing in?"

then she'll say "no..." and i'll kiss her.

think that'll reel her back?

11. $shot

$shot OT Supporter

they actually did probably tell her if she can kiss, and the answer is no. atleast for like a week or something. but hey i never followed the rules they gave me either so who knows... but i'm just saying don't plan your move based on her responding with, "no"

12. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

Just do it. Any plans you may make will only make things more difficult, especially if they don't go according to plan. Plus, plans put a lot of pressure on yourself. Just do it.

13. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:wtf: You were "seeing" her for 2 months and never even kissed her? Where exactly does the seeing her part come in here? To be seeing someone you have to at least kiss them, if not you are nothing more than friends. She's not being "antsy" for wanting to do something already, in fact I can't believe she stuck around as long as she did.

14. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Man it is not that hard to go out and get 10 new phone numbers this week. You blew it with this girl... its much easier to find a new one than to fix it.

15. Panoptimist

Panoptimist Put a bangin' donk on it.

Confidence, nigga. Girls like a guy who makes them feel secure. They like a guy who acts like he knows what he's doing from the beginning. Prove to her that you're the fucking boss. If you prove to her that you got the balls to bust a move, she'll know what to do.

16. johan

johan Active Member

In her mind, I don't believe she thought they were actually together. Only in his...