Screwed myself up real good this time...help needed

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by HorseDick, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

I took all my law enforcement tests yesterday. Passed everything, it was pretty basic.

On the obstacle course, I had to jump a 6ft wall. After hoisting myself over the wall, I guess I held my arm on the wall on the way down. My right arm bent all the way up and backward, and I heard a very loud crunch come from my shoulder.

It hurt a lot, but I still finished all the obstacles without a problem. For the next few hours, my range of motion was not very limited and the pain wasn't too bad. It felt like a minor strain, until later that night. I barely slept last night due to the pain.

I've been taking a bunch of ibuprofen, a ton of fish oil, icing it, foam rolling, using tiger balm, taking hot showers, etc.

All of this helps. When I move my shoulder around, I get my range of motion back and the pain diminishes but does not disappear completely. If I work it around, especially in the shower, I feel much better, temporarily. Right now I'm sitting at work behind a desk and the pain gets worse the more I sit in the same spot.

Does this sound like I tore the shit out of my rotator cuff or what? I won't have time to get to a doctor for a few days, and I don't know of any good doctors around here who would know what they're talking about when it comes to a shoulder injury.

There is no sharp impinging pain, it feels more like a muscular strain / soreness. It hurts most when rotating my forearm downward or side-to-side as if I was doing a rotator cuff exercise.

Any input is welcome. I'm hurting a lot right now.

2. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

Personally I would wait a couple days and see how it progressed, but the best advice would be to make time to go see someone

3. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Like I said I'm going to get to a doctor within a couple days, but right now I have work to catch up on. No, not physical shit...desk work.

I'm simply asking what I should be doing in the meantime to help the healing process.

4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

5. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

dont go to the doctor or anything.

6. Memor

Memor Active Member

make a doc appointment and RICE

7. HalfPastGone

HalfPastGone OT Supporter

could have torn your labrum, it's pretty common, but i don't think you've wouldn't heard a crunch.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.