A&P Screen Color

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by DBSuma, Apr 11, 2005.

1. DBSuma

DBSuma Guest

I have had a hell of a problem with my color with my computer.
    I view and create a lot of graphic images but apparently some of them appear far too dark on my screen than they do on others.
    I've been threw 3 sets of video/graphics cards and it always remains the same, so it is not the graphics cards.
    My new card even has gama correction option, but that doesn't seem to help.
    The problem doesn't seem to be with my graphics cards or monitor, it only shows some files darker than on others computer, leading me to believe that it must be something about the files or something.

I compensate by adjusting the lighting settings on the files but there doesn't seem to be a way for me to check how others will see the images.

I would seem to me with all the different computers, different graphics cards, different monitors and different software used to view and edit graphic images that there should be some why to check this, without actually having to buy every possible combination available of computers just to make sure.

Does anyone know?
    Anyone heard of a way to check?
    Even if I change the graphic settings for my card to compensate for this, since it only seems to effect certain images, it will also effect the images that I am not having a problem with.

Somebody said to change the color from 32bit to 16bit but that didn't do anything to solve this problem.
    It is most distressing if you are trying to make something look just right, spend hours on an image, upload it and have it be too bright because you computer shows it as too dark.

I had something uploaded on a site and was over at a friend’s house that had web TV when I first noticed this.
    The color was shocking bright red, when that is not what I had intended.

Went watching an animation in Windows media player or the realplayer, it will look too dark to see, but if I click on a different screen then click back, the lighting will be normal for a second, then go back to being too dark, so it could not be the monitor.
    I have program that can correct the lighting settings for web video formats but that would only work on my computer.
    I would have no way of knowing how others will see it.

There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason behind why some files will show normally and others too dark and even others too dark sometimes.

Even some files I've adjusted once already seem like they have darkened over time.

Any ideas?

2. dtfromep

dtfromep New Member