Scratches on my hood...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by mamoru, Apr 2, 2003.

1. mamoru

mamoru New Member

Hey all, this is my first post in this section of OT, so please forvie my ignorance if I show any.

I'm very new to all this car detailing and such, but I'm having a small dilema that perhaps someone can help me out with.

Like an idiot, I but a plastic shovel to the hood of my car (Blue 1997 Acura CL 3.0 Prem.) and I did not realize that the end of the shovel was metal tipped.

There are some scratches across my hood, but they are very, very light and are actually white in color.

How in the hell can I get rid of them? I'm trying to trade my car in for a newer vehicle, but I want the best value I can get for it. The scratches are not that deep, should I get it professionally painted? Is there something that I can rub on that removes the appearance of the scratches?

Any help would be appreciated, and when it's light outside tomorrow I'll take pictures so you can see for yourself how bad the damage isn't.

Thank you! :wavey:

2. mamoru

mamoru New Member

P.S. Sorry if this topic has been covered many, many times...I need to be explained stuff like this as if I'm an idiot. I don't understand all the technical stuff of show and shine :) :o

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Don't be sorry, just do a search.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

If the scratches are white and your car is blue, then you've scratched through the clearcoat and basecoat and into the primer. Sorry, but no amount of detailed can fix scratches that deep.