Scratch another one.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by forgotmyname, Dec 25, 2007.

1. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

Second consecutive failure.
    The girl asked me if I knew her situation so I asked her if she had a bf and she said she didn't. Now all of a sudden the one dude she was dating got jealous after looking at my texts on her cellphone (all of them she replied).

She told me that she didn't know if I was looking just to be friends or something else (she mentioned that due to the fact that I took her to the movies, so hopefully I learn something from there. Never take your date to a movie).

Still it looked pretty good, like I had something going on, then all of a sudden, it took a dive. :hs:

2. DvBoard

DvBoard New Member

I fail to see the point were she turned you down? What did you tell her when she asked?

3. forgotmyname

Apparently she is in some sort of long-distance relationship with some dude. That's what my friend told me about her.

That's the first thing that girl told me, if I knew about her situation, but I didn't care anyways, so I asked her if she had a boyfriend, to which she said "No".

That alone gave me a hint that something was about to happen, but it didn't.

4. ware_ru

ware_ru I know, I know, I'm amazing

learn game. dope

5. forgotmyname

:ugh:

6. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

i still don't get it.

did you know about the long distance dude before hand?

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

So you are 2 and 0. Both are girls you work with. Maybe this is a sign that you should seek outside your job? :mamoru:

8. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I don't really understand, but it sounds like you aren't being aggressive enough or making the proper steps to show her want you want.

9. DvBoard

DvBoard New Member

She had no bf, yet is dating someone in a LDR? Something isn't adding up. I still don't see were she turned you down for a date though...

10. forgotmyname

Uhmmm...this one is from my current job. The other one, was from my previous job and I only spoke to her for a few minutes, then didn't see her for a few months.

Maybe I am not making myself clear so I'll say this again. A co-worker of mine introduced me to this girl in my workplace. I got her number and email, and my friend also told me that she had a LDR with some guy.

I didn't care much about this but when I met her, she told me if my friend had told me anything about her situation (probably her LDR) and I said I didn't. So I asked her if she had a bf, to which she said "No".

So I asked her to go out and we went out. During that week, we texted a few times, most of them sounding like flirting.

Then, this last weekend, I texted her but she didn't answer and I felt something was wrong. I was right. The next day she told me some dude she was dating saw my texts on her phone and got jealous. She said she didn't know what I wanted with her, if being serious or just friends but we could only be friends.

That was so :greddy:

11. iwishyouwerebeer

Stop texting so damn much. Use the phone for actual talking.

12. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

text convos ftl

13. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Consider yourself lucky. You could've ended up with a girl that cheats on her boyfriends. :dunno:

Finding this shit out early in the game sure saves you a lot of grief.

And stop hooking up with girls from your work, even IF it was from two seperate jobs.

14. forgotmyname

I know its bad to date somebody from work but I want to know whats so bad about it.

15. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Because if it ends, it becomes terribly difficult to work together unless you are in a HUGE corporation or something where you never see each other while at work.

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

your irrational vendetta against texting is ridiculous. Most girls love texting. many guys that get laid consistently use text because girls like them.

just because you personally don't like it doesnt mean its a bad move

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Still, this guy never has any luck with women and he's a chronic texter and IMer. He texts whole flirting conversations to the girl and never sets up a date with her and he wonders why she flakes on him.

I text, I just think it's ridiculous how many people use texting to have fights with their SO or to set up dates and such. Use the actual phone mechanism so you can hear their reaction and tone. It would at least eliminate some possible confusion.

18. forgotmyname

Actually, you are wrong. I am not a chronic texter nor IMer. I've only used them to a minimun and I've always looked for actual verbal conversations.

I've used texting to set-up dates. Why I am puzzled is at the actual outcome of my attempts.

19. HuskiRuski

HuskiRuski Cardinal Fan

i didn't really read the thread. just this last post.

maybe the women you're asking out don't take requests via text as seriously as they do those over the phone? or maybe when they say "ok" over texts, they aren't as serious as when the say "ok" over the phone.

20. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Text is fine... using text for any exchange that's meant to mean anything is weak.

I never send text, I reply to it selectively and with as few words as possible.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd: Hence why in person or verbally over the phone is better for asking on dates. I would be turned off to get asked out on a date via text, it's so impersonal.