Scottwax: Will Zaino remove oxidation?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by luvthong, Mar 4, 2003.

1. luvthong

luvthong Guest

LIke the topic say, will it remove oxidation? I just used it the second time the past weekend, I didn't clay bar it because after I wash it, I run my hand over the paint and it seems smooth enough not to clay bar. Then I follow their instruction, use Z-1 first, then topped with Z5, then Z6, then Z5 again, then Z6, then topped with Z2 to end the day. It looks better than before but not as good as someone who posted pic on OT. Is it because my car is white? I read something that Zaino is good on draker color cars but not light color cars.
    Thanks.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Honestly, I'm not sure. I know what Meguiar's products remove oxidation, not sure about Zaino.

There are some Zaino nazis on here... I'm sure they'll know! :fawk:

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:rofl:

Zaino does not remove oxidation, nor is it a strong polish. If you have less shine than you expected, you probably should have use a swirl remover first to deep clean the paint and restore the original shine. Zaino should look good on properly prepped white paint. The only thing is, once you polish the car down with a swirl remover, you need to Dawn wash it again to remove any oils from the polish.

4. luvthong

luvthong Guest

So after I first wash it with dawn, then I use a swirl remover, then wash it again with dawn, then clay bar, then use my Zaino products?:bigthumb:

5. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

No, there's no need for the first application of dawn.

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Agreed. Seems like a wasteful step in light of the need to wash with Dawn after using a swirl remover and clay.