scottwax or anyone..

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Offender, May 25, 2003.

1. Offender

Offender OT Supporter

i'm your regular college student looking for a job over the summer.. im thinking about putting an ad in the paper advertising detailing.. and that i'll come to them. this would be a cash job and i'd hope to bring in $500 a week.. im figuring $100 for full wash/wax/wheel polish/tire cleaner/carpet vacuum-steam cleaned/leather conditioner if applicable/vinyl and dashboard cleaner.. blah blah. and i'll figure out other prices too for just say a "Wash & Wax" and so on..
    but anyway i want some suggestions on products to buy.
    special terry cloths, which soap, which tire cleaner, wheel polisher, leather conditioner, vinyl cleaner.. anything im missing? from the thread in the main forum i already figured i'd use s100 wax.

also any suggestions or whatnot are more than welcome.

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

You'll definately want to check the stickies at the top of this forum. There's a very comprehensive product list up there. Also, if you search, there have been a few threads about starting your own detailing business as well.

3. Offender

Offender OT Supporter

definitely didnt think about that, shit.. sorry,, i'll try that and edit my post later.

4. Offender

Offender OT Supporter

ok awesome im set.. but for glazes/polish.. do i wash the car, then polish the car, then wax it? or its a different process.. ?

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Wash, clay if needed, prep the paint (polishing and glazing) and seal (wax).

Your best bet is to register at www.autopia.org and check out the pro detailing forum. Go through the threads, there is a ton of infomation.