Scott I need your help again, This is the one and it needs work, 91 maxima......

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by thomor25, Jul 9, 2004.

1. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

What do you suggest to get it as close to new as possible without a new paint job? I already know I need to get some leather conditioner/softener but what brand/type should I get cause the leather is tight. Also should I use wet sandpaper to bring down the scrathes that are on the roof and on the front bumper where someone put non matching touch up paint? What should I use on the wheels to get the oxidation off of it? Is there a cleaner to get to take the yellowing color out of the clear plastic covering the interior lights? There is also swirl looking marks on the windshield glass. how would I go about getting rid of that or is there a product that makes it look better cause they show up at night when oncoming headlights hit the windshield. Thanks man I owe you, lend me your knowledge my friend.

Pics are below..... Its a 91 maxima with 45,000 miles on it, sport edition, leather, and bose stereo system.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sony

sony Active Member

3. DrSiD202

DrSiD202 New Member

have any of your windows stopped working?
    i had that same car and it seems that all window motors stop working eventually, i've talked to others with maximas same year and they all experieced the same prollems.
    course my windows didnt stop till about 85k miles.

your interior lights are prolly old and the covers are showing it. might want to replace them

your windows need windex and newspaper
    and put half rain-x in your windshield wiper fluid other half water

before you try the wet sand paper. you should try simply buffing all those scratches
    i wouldnt do the sand paper unless your ready to repaint the area

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Don't use Windex.. it streaks. Try Eagle One 20/20 or Stoner Invisible Glass.

5. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

no window problems at all. everything mechanical works on the car cept the stereo. I think either the hu has the front and rear right channels blown or the amps have gone on the bose speakers. You know if there is anything online towards replacing the head unit on a 91 maxima with a bose system?

6. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Those wheels are screwed. Nissan wheel's coating from the 90's are really bad about oxidizing from brake dust and the design makes them hard to clean completely. It will run about $100-125 per wheel to have them stripped and recoated. You can go aftermarket for less.

Go through the product list, swirl removal and product review lists for the rest of the answers. You also might seriously want to consider registering at www.autopia.org and read through the detailing and autopia university forums and also download the e-book. It sounds like you are pretty new to all this and that would be the quickest way for you to get up to speed. In addition, all the information is up to date.