SCOTT HELP!! nothing works....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by chojin, Jun 28, 2001.

1. chojin

chojin You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

i have this stain on my front left fender. its actually all over the place. the patterns are kinda of in the form of wheel spin. so im assuming it came off when i used the meguiars tire endurance thing. i used it on all 4 tires but the stain is only on the front left fender. it kind of looks like super glue or crazy glue cause the stain is clear. its on there pretty good.

ive tried everything. i used this spray tree sap/tar/ and other remover. didnt do a thing. so next i tried a clay bar, it also didnt do a thing. but then i tried the clay bar on a little tar spot and it went away at a fingers snap. HELP!!! I think i may need to go to a professional place and get it sanded off? and have it repainted? OH detailing god by the name of scott, i call on thee...

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

What kind of car do you have and what color? If your car is not clear coated and the paint is fading a slight bit (or the fender in question has been repainted and not clear coated), then you will have to polish it out. If it is not on all 4 fenders, then I doubt it is from the Meguairs Endurance (which, btw, I am not crazy about-it builds up, tends to be sticky, and if it is windy out, you will get dust inbedded in the coating)-especially since it would not dry rock hard like that, nor would it be clear. You may have run over a tube of super glue or something like that. Without actually seeing it, I cannot be sure. Try a polish, if that doesn't work, then a compound, and if that doesn't work, take it to a body shop and see what they think.

3. chojin

chojin You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance

its a 2000 civic. satin silver. i have meguiars showcar glaze so ill try that out tomorrow. i guess ill also pick up some compound stuff. if those dont work, do you recommend a bug scraper(sp?)?

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Unless your car has been wrecked, it has a clear coat-and pretty much any body shop will re-clear coat a car, so that wouldn't be a problem. Try the glaze first, and then a polish before trying a compound. Always try the least aggressive abrasive first.