Scott be honest.....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Paulie Walnuts, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Not to say you have not been before, but maybe biased.

Do you really think Ultima is that great or do you just really dislike the press that Zaino gets so you may hype Ultima more?

I have used UPGP on 4 cars so far and one of them is my mothers 2001 Chevy Tahoe and Megan and I went over for Sunday dinner and the slickness is gone as is the pop. I am starting to really think that this stuff is crap. And I dont think that any any of the three WOWO products are that great but of the three I think ZCS is the best looking. I cant say shit about durability because I have not had any of them long enough.

Im considering returning the Ultima although something tells me gettting money back from db is going to be rather difficult.

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I honestly don't think Z-CS is that great. It adds very little to the appearance. Basically, it does exactly what the name says. Clear Seal. Whatever look you have, it locks it in. There is nothing wrong with that, but I very much prefer Z8 since it adds a lot more to the look.

As far as Zaino in general, I despise the Nazis but the products themselves are decent enough...but I have some very strong suspicions that Zaino is made by Duragloss. Other than a slight difference in smell, I cannot tell a difference between Duragloss 101 and Zaino AIO for example. Both work the same, buff into the paint the same and the look after wiping off the residue is identical. Same warning on the label too. I also think Z8 and Aquawax are very similar, again other than the scent. I used them side by side on a metallic black BMW and neither my customer or I could see any difference between panels (I did alternating sections with Z8 and AW). When I use up my Zaino, I'll probably switch to Duragloss and save money on product and shipping.

So far, I really like Ultima. Not so much the pad it comes with. Too large. Nice on SUVs but not so nice on smaller cars with tighter access to some areas. The cap tends to loosen up as well and it is too expensive to lose product to leakage. No idea on the durability though but I have it on a few regulars cars so I can monitor the durability.

My favorite though, is still Opti-Seal. Side by side, upon initial application, Ultima looks wetter but after curing overnight, I could not tell a visual or slickness difference between the two on my brother's van. He runs it through the tunnel wash 2-3 times a month so it ought to be a good durability test.

I have no product loyalty or agenda. What works, works. I don't care what name is on the label. Too many good products out there to get locking into one product line.

3. pootoo12000

pootoo12000 New Member

How about Z5p and DG105? Take a whiff...they ARE identical!

4. LocoStrange

LocoStrange New Member

I used Ultima product on my car, a little over a week ago. It as gone through, at least 3, full blown rain storms and it is still going strong :dunno:

5. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I've heard that too. I know TigerMike on autopia called out BlkZ28conv about being a Zaino shill, saying he (TigerMike) was one too and was compensated for it (product, I guess) by Sal. TigerMike now pretty much only uses Duragloss and regularly compares the two product lines.

There was a huge Duragloss thread and I swear, it was like reading a Zaino how-to thread. :noes: