GUN Scope Question.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KiddX, Jun 27, 2005.

1. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

i bought a little kit for my SkS. it comes with 10 stripper clips and a little 4x scope. now it only cost me $60 however, when i took it the the range i had problems. first i had to tighten down every last screw and replace two that were stripped out of the package.

so i finally have everything secure and start shooting. using my sight at the end of the barrel as a marker. i allign the scope exactly on the grouping from my said sight on the barrel. fired 10 rounds and they were all over the place. in checking the refrence between barrel and scope, the scope is now WAYYYY off. is it common for a scope to jar loose so easily? or is this thing just a huge piece of shit. i have a feeling the store i got it from (turners outdoorsmen) isnt going to give me a refund. is there anything i might be doing incorrectly?

2. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

SKS's are notoriously difficult to mount scopes on. About the only really good way is to drill a side-mount into the reciever sort of like the AK mounts.

I'm betting your scope mount is the kind that just replaces the rear reciever cover. They aren't really any good, of course the occasional good one makes it through.

The scope itself is usually junk too. I'd try to sell it or get a refund, you can always buy stripper clips seperately. I don't think they'll take it back since you shot with it though, but if you can package it up and there aren't any noticable blemishes, you should be okay.

3. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

I have one that replaces the cover but it also has 4 set screws that tighten to the receiver on tabs that stick down. I just took a drill and drilled 4 holes in the receiver where the screws tighten at and replaced them with longer bolts. Thing doesn't move at all now and with a solid receiver cover, my groups have tightened up as well. This is what mine looks like..

[​IMG]

There is another mount that I have on my Nagant that works very well though and looks like they are now available for the SKS. You would need to replace your scope with a long relief/pistol scope though.

http://161.58.206.244/store/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=scoutscopes&Category_Code=skscope

Last edited: Jun 27, 2005
  4. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

If you paid $60 for a scope and mount then it's probably a huge piece of shit :hsugh:

5. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

depends on what it's mounted on :)
    I have a 50 dollar POS scope but it's dead on for the range of my SKS and I don't worry about beating on it. has a few dents from being dropped and a few scratches from falling over but still zeroed. Course it's on a 125 dollar gun so it's a matched set.

6. KiddX

KiddX Tigth as Piston In Ferrari Engine!

240... CA sucks