GUN Scope for an sks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by VanCandy, Feb 26, 2006.

1. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

Hey guys, been lurking here quite a bit recently but this is one of my first times to post in this section. I recently bought a yugo sks with the hopes of just seeing how I could modify it and such to make it more fun to shoot..(dont worry, nothing over the top like laser sights or flash lights and shit I dont really need or have any use for) So far ive only added the tapco T6 stock, removed the bayonet and grenade launcher sight.(US compliance parts are in order also) and now i want to add a red dot scope. I did a little research on which mounts to get, and have decided on the scout style mount from www.scoutscopes.com. But now the question is which scope to use. Keep in mind im on a low budget, probably under $100 for the scope itself. I just figured Id come here for yall's opinion, seeing as how many are far more experinced than I in this field (first time I've ever tried dealing with optics) Thanks in advance.

2. Gaunt

Gaunt blood for the blood god OT Supporter

that poor rifle. :wtc:

3. picabu

picabu I like pie

Why bother, there's not really a good way to mount a scope to an SKS without tearing it up.

4. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

why? shitty yugos are everywhere. If it had any historical value I would have kept it as is. For example, I also have a k98k, Enfield no4 mk1, MN m38 that are all in the same configuation they came out of the factory with, and I would never do with these what im doing to the sks. I just figured it would be a fun project to entertain myself. I mean, I like these old antiques as much as the next guy, but with something like an sks its not worth it to keep it as is. (at least for what i want to do with it.)

5. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

the scout scope system looked pretty good. Dont need to drill and tap it for anything, just have to take the rear sight off and replace it. Doesnt seem to hard.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If your going to put a scope on it theres only one proper way, I think it was centerfire who has real sks mounts have to drill to mount it though. I posted the links in here once before.

7. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

what are you thoughts on www.scoutscopes.com

I am tryign to avoid the whole drilling thing, as im a noob.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They look like they might be ok :dunno: I try to keep all my stuff original in the past I did bubbaize an sks but changed it back, I would probably opt for the original mount meant for the rifle but that one doesnt look to bad, just dont go putting a Tapco collaspible m4 style stock on it :squint:

9. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

ah crap

10. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

Keeping stuff original is cool too though. Like the next gun im thinking of getting is a g43, and I would never even think if doing anything to that gun!

11. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I agree with him, you're trying to make it something that its not and the end result usually isn't pleasant.

12. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like the side rails never used it on an SKS but they work good on the AK's ive used optics on, the sight thing might be ok I'de need to see it in person to make a decision, just definently skip the reciever cover types there total crap in fact i got one somewhere that was given to me if I didn't throw out that I'de give away if I still have it.

13. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

yeah, the reciever cover type mounts are out of the question. I may be a noob but im not a retard. Im pretty much set with my decision of the scout style becuase I dont want to drill. Unless someone can convince me its really easy and even an idiot could do it. Im just looking for advice on a good red dot sight that will fit the weaver type mount of the one im looking at.

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I wouldnt go out and spend $$$ on one for an SKS, get a cheap tacpoint, i have one on my 9mm AR and it works good.
    I've not done a rail yet, i do have plans to put one on my Norinco 56S though, got the rail just haven't drilled the reciever yet, it doesnt seem that complicated, as long as your capable of drilling holes so the rail will be on straight.

15. VanCandy

VanCandy New Member

so then what specifically would you suggest as far as the sight goes? I wasnt looking for anythign expensive. I found some replica aimpoint no ebay for like 55, but i dont belive it will fit the scout mount that i want to use. Any adivice?

16. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

the tacpoint works good on my AR been knocked around and got wet, this is what i got http://69.20.48.11/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=28866 probably better deals than that one around though, mine came with my upper. with a side rail I'de probably use some sort of russian psop scope just to keep things original, whatever you buy keep it under $100 no point in putting high dollar scope on an SKS.

17. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

qft