Scion Tc Vs Civic Si

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by MCDGexx, Jan 13, 2007.

1. MCDGexx

MCDGexx Crazyquack

Well i'm looking for a new car, and i'm stuck between the scion Tc and the Civic Si. Both 2007. The Tc how I want it is 18.3k while the Civic is about 21 MSRP. Problem is the dealers around here are marking up the Si like 2500 dollars. Don't know if I can get around the markup, and you can only get MSRP on scions because of Pure Pricing. So for the Scion i'm looking at 18.3 and the Si 23k if i'm lucky. Is the civic worth the extra 5k or so over the tC? Anybodys impressions that have driven both, i'm test driving the ex and Si tomorrow and a scion if I can find a manual in the area to test drive.

2. FadedCamo

FadedCamo New Member

I drove around the Si a few times. Good car for the price (22k with a nav system). Haven't driven the scion, but heard that the clutch is a bit stiff. Si's clutch is as smooth as butter. Also, at least around here, the Si is much more rare than the Tc, if you like having a car that few others have. But, its still a civic. Not much going on in the inside. Oh, and the eletronic speedometer dash works well for it, but I don't like the fiery red color they give the Si version. Makes me feel angry when I drive. Oh, and you get 20 some more HP at the crank with the Si.

3. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

i've only ridden in the scion but i've test driven the si. i was actually pleasantly surprised with the si, much more car than the previous si. i hate the dash but otherwise i would put it the top of my list if i were in the market for that kind of car. the scion isn't a bad car. i don't have real complaints about it as a passenger. though i could tell it takes more to move that car than the si. in my experience, hondas are just funner cars to drive than toyotas. i'd probably spend a few more $$ for the si over the scion myself.

4. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

I liked the SI more then the TC

5. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

SI 0 to 60: ~6.7seconds
    TC 0 to 60: ~7.9seconds

6. HYEST

HYEST New Member

You will be happier with the SI. Go to Los Angeles dealerships, you can get a better deal over there.

7. LA02MAX

LA02MAX New Member

The SI is a really great car. If you can get it for MSRP (should be no problem..if they don't give it to you, walk out and they'll call you) it's sooo much better than the tC. Not only is it somewhat quick (for a N/A inline-4) it handles very well and actually has a pretty smooth ride. Go test drive both and I promise you you'll want the SI ten fold over the tC.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Service aside, I'd go tC... But Toyota service is so horrible that I would probably take the Honda.

9. DINide

DINide New Member

si ftw

10. shiba

shiba Active Member

You could probably get more features with the TC for the price of the SI. unless you're planning on racing it, the TC is the smarter buy.

11. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

Civic Si are still being marked up that much?

If your budget allows, the Mazdaspeed 3 > both those cars

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

mazda? no.

13. Lol. No.

14. Kroze

Kroze Active Member

Si >tc

15. Derrict

Derrict No, I am not Amish OT Supporter

16. ///M

///M New Member

si>tc

i drive a tc, the value is pretty good (for a new car, if you stay at base msrp), but i'd rather take the Si. the only downsides i see to the tc is the numb camry-like handling (which can be fixed for about $1000), and the community of mad tyte ricers that you automatically get associated with :mamoru:.

both cars come from a line of good reliability (the tc motor is in the best selling car in the country, and the civic si motor is a variant of what honda uses in pretty much all the cars they sell). insurance on the tc is going to be cheaper (i went from an 04 civic dx to the tc and my premium went down by $25 a month).

i'm sure you could get the si for 22k OTD, and in this case, i'd go for it. might also want to look into an rsx-s. i would have bought the si if i could find one at the time (february06, they were still kinda hard to come by), but whenever i found one, there would be a markup, and a person willing to pay the marked up price :o

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  17. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

For the price of the SI, you can get a tC with the TRD supercharger and lowering springs, and strut bars, and TRD/Borla exhaust, and pretty much any other accessory you want on it. You're gonna get more for your money with the tC. I have one, and we love it. But it's up for sale now since the wife wants an SUV or some other form of "family friendly vehicle".