A&P school me on rechargable batteries

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Mytur Binesderty, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Mytur Binesderty

Mytur Binesderty New Member

i know most of the guys on here that use digi cams use rechargable batteries. I just bought a cam and iam shopping for some MiNH batteries. Which batteries do you suggest, and which battery charger do you sugges?

2. TheEvil1

TheEvil1 Hell is other people OT Supporter

i use rayovac and duracell, have a rayovac charger that can charge 12 AA's at once

3. hpipro4

hpipro4 Guest

doesnt matter so long as they are high capacity. if u are storing them for a long time without using them, make sure they are at least half charged...because once voltage drops below a certain point on NIMH, it will be hard to condition it back to it's original state.

also dont ever overcharge the NIMH and dont trickle charge them...ppl say that they have no memory but that is a mere myth. they do have a memory effect, they just arent as effected by it as NICD's are...

just stay away from alkalines as i'm sure u know...alkalines dont hold their voltage as they are being used up where as with rechargables, voltage pretty much remains constant throughout the whole discharge--so u can use up most of the battery's capacity effectively.