MMA School decision

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by A-NON-A, Jan 17, 2008.

1. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

A couple months ago I was asking about schools in Temecula/Murrieta and everyones thoughts.

Well I decided Im gonna go with a BJJ school. Anyone have any opinions on which school is better: Carlson Gracie or GRACIE/BARRA ?

Im going to go check them out probably next week but anyone with feedback throw your 2 cents in please.

PS..My laptop is fuxored and I have been having Cage withdrawls...first time able to post in probably 3 weeks.

2. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Both more than likely offer a trial period. Some will give a full week for free. Just do both and see which one you like better :) Good luck!

3. ZZex

ZZex New Member

:dunno: If I had a choice, I'd go Carlson. I know in Chicago, there's a Black Belt Gracie Barra academy AND a Carlson Gracie (Jr teaches it). Based on the instructor, I'd go for Carlson. My current academy is a branch of Carlson anyway, so I'm just favoring them. :dunno:

but like the banned Drag On said, it's win win

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

its all jiu jitsu. its up to you to make your jiu jitsu what you want it to be. but look for the training partners who will be the most constructive for you to train with.

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

the one with the larger gym.

6. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

I plan on checking out both schools in the coming weeks. See what the vibes are and what the people are like.

The Carlson school looks big , new, and state of the art....... plus they will start kids as young as 3 so my son could follow me in (if he was ready)

Gracie Barra school advertises their instructor as the winner of the 2007 Pan Am championshipo...but who knows if he is there regularly till I check it out. I believe their policy on kids is 5yrs old....

7. kevolushin

kevolushin New Member

Depends on the instructor.. I live right beside a Carlson Gracie Sr school and a Gracie Barra. the carlson gracie sr instructor won me over with his personality. plus hes a 4th degree black belt (and theres a mario sperry seminar at the school this weekend):wiggle:

8. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Well I visited the Carlson Gracie school today and was VERY IMPRESSED ith the atmosphere and family vibe. I was also very happy to see that Carlson is the main instructor at the school.

I still plan on visiting the Gracie Barra school but I am definitely leaning towards Carlson right now. Its also only about 2 miles from my house.

9. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Ask about student accomplishments. I have seen a ton of schools that have instructors with great credentials but will simply be horrible coaches/instructors.