A&P "schmeg" and "cannibal flower"

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Dubtastic, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Dubtastic

Dubtastic { OG }

May 26, 2000
    "schmeg's head never quite healed after being attacked by a gaggle of boneless chickens one late evening on his way home from work."

well, i was not planning on coloring this at all. after inking it, i did not like the way that the image looked compared to how it looked with just the pencils. so, like the cannibal flower image, i decided to clean up the pencils a bit, and color them instead since that was the look i liked the best.

before their redesign, cannibalflower.com had several user submitted images. by the time i started to work on this, they took that down, but i figured i would do it anyway.

this was difficult to color because i never inked the original, but scanned, cleaned, and colored the pencils i had. after i inked a previous work, i was unhappy with the lines once the pencils were taken out. i just really like the look of the rough pencils and figured i would try my hand at coloring them.

original illustration was done on 11x17 strathmore bristol paper, colored in photoshop. a few progression steps are here for those interested.
  2. fliptight

fliptight Guest

looks great man. nice job
  3. itchypony

itchypony Guest

you have so much talent :eek3: