TAT Scarification

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by tedistkrieg, Oct 17, 2006.

1. tedistkrieg

tedistkrieg Exploited Filth

Anybody have one? Im thinking of getting a small one on my hand or finger. Im just curious of how much it actually hurts. Seems like it hurts like hell.

2. sparq

sparq New Member

I dont have one, I would like to get one...

Depends, you can be a man and do it with nothing; or I believe some places are able to give you a local so you dont feel it. Honestly, part of it being done through scarification is for the pain; if yours going to do it; do it... dont be a puss about it :mamoru:

3. tedistkrieg

well yeah of course, Im not going to get any local if i get one

4. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

I have on my ankle. its a spiral I did in 1997. I started it out with a soldering iron and did dots but I didn’t like the way it looked. I ended up making wire forms out of 316L welding rod, maybe about 4 different shapes to fit all the curves. I heated it up over a candle until it just started to glow and lightly pressed it into my flesh. LIGHTLY is key, if you press too hard you'll burn too deep and can actually sever tendons (though you have to go pretty deep to do that). almost 10 years later it's still visible. it was purple for a little over a year, faded to pink and eventually turned white (its more visible when I get some sun).

this is what it looks like now. its really hard to see, I used my phone so the pic sucks ass. I made little dots under teh outline so you could see where it is.
    [​IMG]

and yes it hurts like hell. well branding anyway. cutting is not so bad and imo its really the way to go, more accurate, faster healing and less of a chance of uneven healing.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  5. Synner

Synner New Member

[​IMG]

Did that one last night with a razorblade. Once the scabs fall, I'm going over it again to clean it up/add more to it.

And for the record, cutting doesn't hurt at all, as long as the blade's sharp and you don't try to dig. Use a fresh razorblade, and keep it at an angle where you're not using the tip, but the whole edge, you don't have to press down much at all to cut. By the time I'm done, I'll have a half-sleeve scar.

6. tedistkrieg

When doing it with a razor blade, will the scar be noticable in the future?

7. Synner

Synner New Member

They fade a lot, but they're always there. Just like with a scar from an accident, they'll fade out to where they're barely noticable, but they'll reappear temporarily depending on the situation (extreme cold, tanning, increased blood flow, etc.)

8. Black Jackal

Black Jackal New Member

Scarification is a bad idea. No offense to you but I think it's just plain stupid, but then again I have enough natural scars from happenings in my life. More than 50% of the time what you go in for ends up looking nothing like you want it to after it heals because the body does not heal wounds in any type of uniform matter.

9. Elfling

Elfling New Member

That's the only thing I keep thinking about- you can't guarantee results. And boy have I seen some ugly scarification-gone-wrong stuff :eek:

10. tedistkrieg

I was worried about it not coming out right, but I dont plan on getting some intricate design. Doesnt matter anyways, it will be a while till I get one, apparently all the cities near by (Reno, Las Vegas, NV, and the Bay Area) have no places that do it anymore and in Las Vegas its illegal.

11. Two toys

Two toys New Member

I'm telling you if you want good work come to Los Angeles.

hit up Jim at Body Electric www.myspace.com/wizzer

he does great work.

12. tedistkrieg

thanks, I'll be in LA this summer for Immortal, I"ll have to go there and get it done

13. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

its not a bad idea at all, you just have to realize that scars won't hold fine detail like a tattoo but you can do pretty decent work with just a razor blade.

14. Two toys

Two toys New Member

tell him straight edge chris sent you he'll be nicer lol.

15. hideon9

hideon9 The plane will take off.

I'm pretty sure you are quite wrong about that :hsugh:

16. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i know plenty of artists who tattoo and pierce/scar/do implants on themselves.

17. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

no, yer wrong. just about every tattoo artist out there has done a tat on themselves, probably the same with pierces as well.

18. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

guy who gave me my tattoos tattoo'd his own legs. he figured he could reach tme so why not do it himself

19. Synner

Synner New Member

It's part of the work....gotta start somewhere, right?

I've done all my own piercings except my septum and my nipples, every piercer I know started doing work on themselves, every tattoo artist I know either started on themselves or added more work to their previous stuff. I've never seen anyone that didn't do at least one piece on their own body after they went pro.

20. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i know a professionalartist who is amazing and doesnt have one tattoo. but its because he wants to be an actor and doesnt want to limit himself by being tattood lol.