A&P Scanning pictures for print later.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by verbal, Jan 31, 2008.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

I guess this would go here.

We just got our professional family photos. I got a pretty decent photo printer for Christmas, so we only ordered one sheet of each pose we wanted and I plan on printing copies.

I want to scan and save them on my computer so I can print full sheets whenever I want to without getting out the originals. What are the best settings to scan at for the best print quality later?

2. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

considering what you are doing is copyright infringement and basically stealing money from the photographer, i wouldn't count on any of the other photographers here helping you. i would count on some rather rude comments for doing this though.

3. verbal

verbal Active Member

Does it help if I mention that we had our 'professional' pictures taken at JcPenny? :)

These were retakes because the first set we did for Christmas came out extremely bad.

4. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

scan highest quality available. print high quality available. done.

5. verbal

verbal Active Member

I'm a little frustrated...

If I put it in the scanner and use the 'reprint photos' button, copys come out almost perfect compared to the original photo.

I've spent the last two hours scanning with numerous settings and the photo looks so much worse when scanning to a file and printing-- all with the same HP All in one.

I've tried scanning up to 600 DPI, JPG and PDF, sharpness off and up to medium. There was also a 'extreme color' setting I turned off which made the colors better. After each setting change I rescanned and reprinted. BUT the prints don't even compare to copying the photo directly from the printer. When I went up to 600 dpi it actually made it look worse than at 300 dpi.

6. themolsen

themolsen New Member

see, God doesn't make it easy for you to steal other people's work