SBC dsl speed recently upgraded, but something seems wrong

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dorkultra, Oct 23, 2006.

1. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

ok, my girlfriend had sbc dsl at the same speed i do, which is 1536 Kbps down and 384 Kbps up.

she got an offer to go to the new highest speed for like $5 more a month and took the offer, i guess it's called pro.

i check her modem the other day, it now says something like 3000+ Kbps down - which is good
    but her up speed is like 180 Kbps something...which is bad because they cut her up speed in half

does sbc dsl double your down speed and cut your up speed in half when you upgrade? if so, for 6000 Kbps down, she'd only have like 90Kbps up :eek3:

what do you guys think, before i call sbc and stay on the phone for an hour

cliffs - g/f got pro dsl service from sbc. they doubled her down speed, but cut her up speed in half

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

First thing is to call India and ask them what speed she's supposed to be getting. I've never heard of their faster speeds having slower uploads by design but it *is* SBC so anything's possible with those dipshits.

Maybe switching over to Pro put her on a different part of the network that's crappier or more congested or something. :dunno:

3. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

alright, i'll make her call :mamoru: